Chapter 8

It was surprisingly sunny today. There were very few clouds in the sky.
The puddles of rain on the street glistened from the sunlight as you, Jack and Felix made your way to the Starbucks that was a couple of blocks away from your apartment.
"Of all the places, you had to choose Starbucks." Felix said, sounding annoyed. You did remember in one of his videos he said he would rather kill himself than go to Starbucks.
You laughed to yourself.
Wow... I am living next to my two favorite YouTubers, and everything seems normal...you thought to yourself.
I should be fangirling every time I see them...
Pretty soon, you arrived at Starbucks. You all sat at a small circular table.
"I'll go get the drinks." Felix said.
You and Jack gave him your orders, and he went to the counter, leaving you and Jack alone.
He seemed sort of nervous...
"So...uh, (Y/N). How does it feel to be living next to two of your favorite YouTubers?" Jack said, putting his arms on the table.
"I'm glad I do!" You said excitedly. "I've always wanted to meet you guys, and now my wish has come true."
He smiled. "I'm glad you're my neighbor too! Although I had some second thoughts when you came into my house..."
You scratched your head awkwardly and looked away. You did regret doing that...
"Hey! Don't worry, it's fine!" He said. You looked back at him and smiled weakly.
You two sat there in awkward silence as Felix ordered your drinks.
What could you say? You could tell Jack was getting bored.
Ugh, Felix is taking forever... You thought in your head as Jack looked around the café.
This is so awkward...ugh.
You were so nervous. You didn't know what to say. What could you talk about?
YouTube?
No, he already hears enough of that every day.
Your grandma?
He doesn't care about your sick grandma...
Coffee?!
Come on (Y/N)...
Finally Felix came back with your drinks. He would keep the conversation going.
He passed you your drink and sat down.
Nothing came out of anyone's mouth.
Felix looked at Jack with an urgent face and Jack made a confused face.
Once they finished facially communicating, f
Felix took a sip of his hot drink.

Then he quickly spit it out.
ALL over Jack.
He jumped out of his chair screaming.

You quickly grabbed some napkins and started to dry Jack with them.

"No, (Y/N), You don't have to-"

Just as you reached for another napkin, you slipped on the floor and fell.
The last thing you saw was Jacks hand reaching out to you.

*time skip*

You woke up to a bright yellow light. You turned your head to see a coffee table with a Sam plushie and a couple of other items.

Jack's apartment.

You slowly sat up and looked around.

Jack was standing in the kitchen, staring at his phone.

"Jack?" He looked up and rushed over to you.

"(Y/N)! Are you ok?!"

You nodded and put a hand on your head.

"What happened? "

"You slipped and fell on your head, and passed out. But you're ok now, right?"

You nodded again.
He let you get some rest, since it was almost midnight.

*the next day*

"Thanks for caring for me, Jack." You said, standing in the doorway.

"It was no trouble, and I couldn't just leave you," he said, rubbing the back of his neck."

"Well thanks anyways." You smiled, and then walked down the hallway towards the elevator.

Ugh, I must have looked so retarded to him when I fell...I'm so clumsy.

Suddenly you heard Jack call your name.
You turned around and to see him standing right there.

Then out of the blue, he pressed his lips against yours.

Never had you felt so shocked. Why is he kissing me?!

But you couldn't help but kiss back. It seemed like a dream, like none of this could ever be real. But it was.

You heard a rustling sound.

You pulled away from Jack and looked down the hallway to see Mark standing there with a bouquet of flowers on the floor next to him.

His face made your heart drop. He looked very hurt.

You whispered in shock, "Mark?"

You started to run towards him, but he started to go back down the hallway.

He stepped into the elevator.

"Mark? What-"

"No, (Y/N), just forget this happened. Be happy with Jack, ok?"

"But...what? Mark?"

The elevator doors closed.

You went back to the hallway and picked up the bouquet.

It had a card hanging from it.

It read:

To (Y/N), the only one I'll ever want.

You then realized what was happening.

Both Mark and Jack love you.