The Past & The Present

Bella's Point Of View

Flashback
"Jack! Pass me the ball, I'm open!" I shout towards Jack, he fakes a pass then makes the pass to me. After catching the basketball in my hands, in one swift motion I swing my arms up to a shooting form. All I hear is the crowd cheering, my coach yelling, and the opposite team gasping. But then the next thing everyone hears is a swish.

I made that three-pointer like a pro. We've won the championships and everyone goes crazy, I run towards my fellow team mate and my best friend Jack. "Jack we did it! We did it, we won!" I holler and he smiles "I know, we all did great! Let's surprise coach now, c'mon," he says and grabs my hand and drags me to our coach.

The whole team that's filled with wonderful players that were 9th grade girls and 9th grade boys gather around coach as Jack and I secretly hold the Gatorade jug above him.

On a count of three, everyone yells "Let's go Big NB! Let's go Big NB! Let's go Big NB!" they all cheer and we tip the jug causing Gatorade to spill all over our coach. The awesome coach of our awesome team, Big NB.The thrill is so exciting at the moment, our freshman team won the championship and everyone's so happy! I smile at Jack, he stands there and proudly smiles back with his two thumbs up.

End of flashback

I run into his arms and he immediately spins me around and hugs me back even tighter, I close my eyes and enjoy this moment. "Ahhh, I missed you so much Bella!" He exclaims, I smile "Missed you too G!" I giggle, he chuckles.

We pull away from the hug and check each other out "Wow, not a lot has changed since I saw you back in 9th grade," I laugh, Jack shrugs. "I see you haven't changed much either. But you still look great!" He says and smiles brightly at me, I smile back "Thank you. Now let's go meet up with Sammy, Skate and Johnson," I say as I grab his hand and drag him out of the airport.

Nearly 4 years later

"Wow Jess it's been years since 9th grade and they look totally different," I say to my best friend with my eyes squinted to get a better look at this picture on the Internet.

She sighs "People change Bella. It's been 5 years since you guys played ball together and 4 years since you've last hung out. Therefore, much can change in 4 years," Jess shrugs.

"But I'm not gonna lie, that Sammy boy looks really hot in that picture," she cooed. I stare at the picture in disbelief "He died his hair. During freshman year it was brown, now it's blonde," I state. Four years ago, they didn't look as hot, muscular, or as tan as they did now.

Jess sighs "Well I hear they're very popular. Lots and lots of followers on social media. They even have meet and greets," she says and I turn around, looking at her. "So I understand Jack and Jack's singing career together but they've got a meet and greet too?! What does that even mean?" I ask her with a confused look on my face.

She sits down on my bed and looks up from her phone, "It's when they meet up with their fans in a specific area, meet them, take pictures, follow them back on social media and have small talk," Jess explains it to me like it's 2+2.

The Omaha boys I knew barely had any fans, besides girls who would swoon over them in high school and coaches who'd argue for them to be on their basketball team.

"Hey, let's go to a Meet and Greet. There's one happening tomorrow at 2:00 in San Diego. That's ways away but it's worth it to see your best friends right?" Jess questions me, I choke on my own spit the very moment she says that.

"Ha! Jess, the boys and I aren't best friends anymore, let alone friends. I mean, they most likely don't remember me and they probably don't even care about me anyways. I was just one of their friends in high school who'd always be down for a game of basketball with them," I explain and Jess stares me in the eyes.

"But didn't you and Jack have a thing going on? Didn't you guys like each other and stuff?" She questions me once again. Jack Gilinsky and I were closer than ever, we did indeed like each other as well.

I sigh "It was complicated. But it doesn't matter now, that's history. We should just chill tomorrow or go see a movie," I suggest and Jess nods "But for now let's hit the mall," she says. I agree with her and grab my purse, wallet and phone to leave my house, to the mall.

Shopping would get my mind off of things and it would be fun. Little did I know is what we were up for at that mall we arrived at.

Thank you for reading the first chapter, there is going to be drama coming up, but it will get better throughout the next chapters! Love you all, have a nice night/day!