Chapter 12 - Netflix and chill lmao

Start from the beginning

As soon as I stepped outside, a snowflake touched my nose. I stared up at the Brooklyn sky, watching as snowflakes fell to the ground. One by one they danced, only to hit the floor and disappear. A chilly wind nipped at me and I pulled my hood up. 

I'm on my way now.

Not waiting for his response, I put my phone down and plugged in my music. As soon as I arrived at the station, the train pulled in. I swiped my Metro and dashed down the stairs, grateful when a woman was nice enough to hold the doors for me.

About thirty minutes later, I finally arrived. The snow was getting heavier and I hastily walked to Washington Square Park. Even though Yejun said to meet under the arch, many tourist were there taking pictures. Getting frustrated at looking at faces, I decided to yell his name and his head picked up.  He walked over to me and gave me one of his charming smiles.

"Good afternoon Len." He dipped his head to my face and kissed my cheek. 

According to the internet, when my face gets hot, it means I am blushing. "Why don't you ever wear gloves?" I frowned as he took his off and slipped them on my hands. "Come, let's go."

"Yejun, your hands will get cold." He held mine and put them in his pocket. "Now they're fine." I sighed as we headed back to the train station. 

Luckily, the N train wasn't packed when it arrived. We sat down and cuddled. I ended up falling asleep in his arms and almost killed him when he woke me up. "Come on, it's our stop." I groggily got up and we exited the station. "8th Ave? Are we going to Taekwondo?" Yejun let out a small laugh and shook his head. "Of course not, but it will be a little close."

We ended up walking past the Dojang and walked three more long blocks. Finally, we came upon a house. I raised my eyebrows at Yejun and felt my heart skip when he pulled out a key. "Yejun..." I muttered. The fuck? He invited me to Netflix and chill? He pulled me in and closed the door behind me. "Do you like the snow or something? Come, let me get these for you."

He took my jacket, scarf and hat. He put them in the closet as I took my shoes off. "Welcome to my house." I didn't want to seem nosy, so I didn't make it obvious I was checking his house out. His house was really cozy. There was a faint smell of french vanilla. I still can't grasp the fact that our first date is at his house. Does he really trust me? Yejun handed me a pair of slippers and we walked to the kitchen.

He put a plate in front of me and placed chopsticks beside them. Then, he took pots off of the stove and placed them on the table. He opened the lids and a barrage of Korean food hit my nose. I felt my stomach growl and stared up at Yejun. "Did you really..." He smiled and nodded. "I can cook, Len. I consider it embarrassing if someone cannot cook. Here, try some." 

Yejun sat down beside me and picked up clear noodles. He placed some in my mouth and I slurped it up. I felt so ridiculous and smiled as I chewed. "What? Is it bad?" I shook my head and swallowed it. Although the texture was foreign, it tasted amazing. "What is this called?" He put some more in my mouth and responded, "Jap chae." Jap chae? He saw my confused look and let out a small laugh. "Sorry about that... I think it's called see through noodles in English." I put some in my plate as we ate in small conversation. He poured me some peppermint tea and I almost cried. "I will be honest. I researched Jamaican people's favorite tea, and this popped up."

I laughed and punched his arm. "You're so stupid!" He smiled and winked at me. I felt my heart flutter at it and finished my food a little after him. "Hey, do you want to watch Netflix?"

Oh my God. Bruh.

"Excuse me?" I asked skeptically. He furrowed his eyebrows and repeated the question. "Erhm, sure." I responded. He shrugged and led me to his living room. "What do you want to watch?" I instantly thought about The Vampire Diaries and The Boondocks. "Do you prefer drama or comedy?" He shrugged. "Any is fine."