Chapter 2

"Vicki", my best friend squeaks "long time no see", she laughs out, "Dami", I squeal enveloping in a tight hug, "it's been ages" I say, "yeah we got back last week, I came over but there was no home", We walk over to the class looking for S.S.2-senior secondary 2. When we realize the school's moved us to the next floor we dash up the stairs like children, we arrive at the last door on the right and see S.S.2 there we take a deep breath before opening the door to see 26 sets of tables and chairs and five people standing at the farthest corner of the room.
"Vicki Dami, I knew you two would walk in together" Emeke said, laughing I set my bag on the seat in the middle of the class liking my position I hug after Dami saying "look at you, you're still short better start growing", as we laugh I notice those others hugging the the Tomiwa's, Ghene and Kunmi we begin to talk about how fun or boring(in my case) the summer holiday was.
The bell rang and we all walked to the hall for assembly after the school and national anthem we settle in our seats more students walk in slightly waving to Zephaniah and her twin Zoe to take a seat beside me the walk over and sit while we pretend to listen at Miss Tawa- she's the school with 50 and husband less she never had one and with her dressing and scowls will never have one- she start about the school rules and regulation giving the same speech since the day we started J.S.S 1.
After the Principal gave his own speech he began to call the school prefects, calling each ones name and post, when he gets to Dami I wait for for him to call name then he does I walk to the podium, the Chairman then pins my badge to my new blazer, the blazer says prefect and my badge says Ass.Social Prefect, Dami is the Social Prefect.
After another hour of speeches we are dismissed to our classes looking at my black watch it says 10.00am, I sigh then turn into the corridor and walk up the stairs as I enter the class I notice the class is full and I walk over to my friends and we start to talk about every thing.
"Good morning everybody", we turn and look as the principal walks to the front of the class, "He then gives our schedules to each person the art student scowl at theirs the commercial students just smile then I look at the schedule placed in my hand for science students and I want to jump for joy,"no more physics, chemistry and biology for fourth, fifth and sixth period on Tuesdays " I whisper to Dami who jumps in excitement, before I can say any more the bell rings for short break and we dash out of the class to the tuc-shop in search of snacks, after paying for our snacks we walk back to the class.
While munching on my potato chips I look at my schedule looking for Monday fourth period I find it and see catering craft and I nearly double over on seat thinking of what I've done to deserve such cruelty thinking of how the next forty minutes with Miss Tawa will be.
Pls like, comment and share this book.