"And so did you," you said, your hold around my hands tightening, your fingers squeezing mine. "I don't have the words to express how happy I am to have you back in my life. You said in the first chapter of Stars that I had power over words. I don't think I do. Maybe it was illusion your mind made up. But I don't have any power over words. You do. You make the best sentences, intricately pulling the words together making me so obsessed with reading. You're a brilliant writer and you are the one who has power over words, not me. And one day, darling, I want you to pursue your dreams. You don't have to quit working for your brother but do what Landon did. He didn't give a shit what other people thought. He did what he wanted to do. In many ways he's my idol. Maybe you should look up to him too. Have the confidence he had and chase your dreams, Kathleen, because they'll be gone before you're ready to have a shot at them. Life's not all about being ready, it's about the moment and whether you're willing to live in it and make it beautiful or watch it pass by you and wither and die. You're the best writer I know of and yes, this is New York so publishing will be tougher than anywhere else but are you willing to take the risk?"

I stared at you at a loss for words. I blinked several of times, my heart beating erratically, your words turning the cogwheels in my brain. Yes, I was tired of going unnoticed and I so desperately wished to be published and out there in the world. As long as you stood by me. I laughed after I took a few seconds to process your speech. "When you say stuff like that, Arlando, do you expect me to believe that you have no power over words?"

You smiled then, leaning your forehead on top of mine and your breathing still heavy due to the long speech you just gave. You closed your eyes, your lips stretched wide that gave a sneak peek of your pearly white teeth. You leaned in, tilted your head but you didn't kiss me. Your lips brushed mine once, then your whispered, your lips so close to mine that I felt the waves of pleasures kiss down my spine. "I think I found home, Kathleen. And it's with you."

My breath caught in my throat, tears sprung into my eyes and something I'd never quite felt before burned like a blazing fire within me, a kind of happiness within me flowering and blossoming into something breathtakingly beautiful. I couldn't place a finger on what I was feeling but it such a lovely feeling that I didn't want to stop feeling it. It sparked the coal and lit the fire. A different kind of fire, a beautiful one.

I cupped your face in my hands, the tears now flowing down my face as I tried to not to smile but my smile was uncontrollable. "You're my home, too."

Those words lit a spark in your eyes, the specks of gold in your eyes shining brilliantly in the dark night. Your lips met mine in an instant, slowly tugging and pulling at my lips. Your teeth gripped my lower lip which caused a moan on my part. You leaned in harder, deepening the kiss by tracing you tongue over my lips.

We ended up on the blanket somehow, my back pressed to the blanket and you on top of my body. My hands disappeared into your hair, your lovely soft curls in my hands as I tugged at them pulling you closer to my body. Your hand made it's way up my leg, your teasing touch making me shiver from the pleasurable desire that erupted within me, causing my to wrap my legs around your waist, pulling you even closer to me.

We parted, the need for oxygen overwhelming us. You buried your head into the nape of my neck, your heavy breathing on my skin making my heart beat faster. You traced your tongue down to my collarbone before you kissed your way back up to my ear, biting down on it ever so slightly, catching my earlobe in the grasp of your teeth before sucking on it lightly. I gasped, the impact of your actions making my stomach flip, the whirl of emotions to go spiralling around faster and my heart to hammer faster. The thumping of my heart could be heard loud in my ears.