Hope

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you all had a great week and enjoy this chapter! xx

Luke's POV

Calum was so fucking insecure. What hurt the most was that he assumed I would cheat on him. I had given Calum and our relationship everything and he just destroyed it, leaving me behind to fend for myself. I hated him and I hated that I told him how much I still loved him. I wanted Calum to chase after me, to fight for us. He just walked away like he did with all his problems.

"So what happened?" Michael asked.

"Calum acted like Calum." I said simply.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked, sighing.

"Not really," I said, blending the edges of the paper plate.

Michael frowned and didn't say anything.

"What's wrong?" I asked, catching the look that flashed on his face.

"It's just- Calum gives you such a hard time. I mean, if he loved you, he wouldn't do this to you again. I think it's time for you to let him go. He'll only drag you down and you deserve better," Michael said, looking at me with a familiar gaze.

"Michael," I said slowly. "Michael... do you like me?"

He looked at me in surprise, coughing abruptly, but regaining his composure shortly. "Luke, I tried to lie to myself and I tried to fight it, but I couldn't and I won't. I still love you and I never stopped even after we broke up."

"Oh my god," I whispered, slumped back in my seat in surprise. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"How was I suppose to bring it up when we broke up mutually?" Michael asked.

"You brought it up. You were the one who wanted to break up."

"No, you did," Michael said, looking down at the table.

I didn't know what to say. I had everything wrong. How did I let it get this way?

"I always thought we would get back together. I gave you so many hints, but they flew over your head. Then, Calum came and you couldn't stop talking about him."

"I'm sorry...for everything," I said because I didn't know what else to say. All I could think about in that moment was how many times Calum had told me Michael liked it and how many times I had pushed Calum away. I was so selfish.

"You don't have to be. We can pick up where we left off. Nothing has to change," Michael said, reaching over to hold my hands.

I pulled my hands back. "But things have changed. I'm in love with someone else and I can't do this to you. Michael, I'm so sorry."

"Don't be," Michael said, with a blank expression.

His voice dripped with coldness and anger and I couldn't blame him. He grabbed his coat and left without another word and I buried my face in my hands and cried.