Silence

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in weeks :( School has been really crazy and I don't have time anymore to sit and write. This chapter is so short, it's a bit of a filler because I couldn't think of anything better to write.

If you didn't already know, I am writing another story called "Just Breathe" and I updated a smutty chapter ;)

Calum's point of view

As soon as I was done with soccer practice, I hit the showers, letting the hot water ease the tension in my body. I stood in my room with the towel draped over my shoulders.

Calum: Hey, I just finished practice. You coming over?

Luke: sure, i'll be there soon. how was practice?

Calum: Exhausting.

Luke: can't wait to beat you in the finals.

Calum: We'll see about that.

Luke: ;)

I got dressed, loving the feeling of freshly washed clothes against my skin, and went downstairs to sort through my movie collection. Luke knocked on the front door before using the key I gave him to open it.

"Why did you knock?" I asked him, as I watch him take off his jacket.

"Because I like being reminded that I have keys to your place," he said, dangling the key like jewelry.

"Dork," I snorted.

"So, What do you want to do?" he said, sitting besides me, shuffling through my old DVDs. He laughed at my old selection of chick-flicks as I pouted.

I held up Forrest Gump to him and his eyes lit up. I smiled as I popped it into my portable dvd player connected to my television. I snuggled close to him, breathing in the faint smell of vanilla.

I was engulfed in the movie. I had seen it multiple times to the point where I could quote some parts of the movie word for word. It was only halfway through the movie when Luke nudged me. I looked up at his blue eyes, tracing his features with my eyes. It warmed me up.

"Hey, wanna know something?" he said, leaning in close to my ear and giggling.

"What?" I whispered, mimicking him.

"I think I really really like you," he said, with a twinkle in his eye.

I didn't hesitate to say, "I think I really really like you too." I planted a small kiss on his lips and rested on his lap, letting his fingers comb through my hair for the rest of the movie.

For the first time, the silence was enough. It was enough knowing that he was there and no words could have filled that feeling, the feeling of love.