Chapter 28: Killing Me Softly

Kendra POV

L.T and I walked inside of his house in South Central, I looked around it was kind of small. It looked like someone's great auntie house, it was plastic on furniture, but it was really clean.

"Go ahead just set your stuff right there"

I sat my stuff down and start looking at the pictures of the wall. I saw this cute little baby on the, it had long wavy hair and a pretty light skinned skinny woman with long silky hair and hazel eyes was holding him.

"Who is this cute little guy"

"Oh that's me and my mama, I was like 1"

"That's your mom? She's beautiful, is she mixed"

"Thankyou, I'll take you to meet her one day and she's Creole, she from Louisiana "

"So who all lives here?"

"Just me and my brother Saheim, my grandmama left us this house, that's why it look so vintage"

"I like it, not what I'm use to. But it's cool" I kept looking at the pictures on the wall, I looked at a picture that had 5 little boys and a girl on the wall"

"Who's all these kids"

"Me my brothers and sister." He started showing me who was who

"That's me, that's my sister Joslin, that's Saheim and that's my older brother Lloyd and my other older brother Jamie. Lloyd and Jamie both got killed"

"I'm sorry to hear that, if you don't mind me asking, what happen?"

"Daniel got shot cause he was in a gang, he was a blood. He died in 92, then Lloyd died when he was 13, he was in the car with his pops and another car stoll up on them and just start blasting"

"I'm so sorry"

"It's cool baby, I ain't stressing over it.

"I thought you were from Beverly Hills, you went to the high school and everything"

"Nope, I'm from right here in South Central. My moms put me, Joslin and Saheim in good schools so we would stay outta trouble. But we was just some ghetto kids who went to a good school and a good neighborhood"

"I never would've thought"

He chuckled "you hungry?"

"A little bit"

"Chilli cheese fries or Ramen noodles"

"Chilli cheese fries,please" I smiled.

......

I sat in his bed and ate the Chilli cheese fries he cooked me. He came in the room with his hands all wet.

"I'm running you a hot nice bath baby girl, to get you relaxed"

"Thankyou L.T, I appreciate everything your doing"

"You gon' tell me why that punk ass nigga hit you now"

"I don't know where to start"

"What happen boo, you know you can tell"

I took a deep breath "I caught him in bed with my little sister, long story short he tried to talk to me afterwards and I hit him and stabbed him in the arm and then he just start choking me and punching me"

"So you caught him and bed with your sister and he hit you and bruised your face like this? You aint deserve that"

"I should've never stabbed him"