6. Grand Magic Games: Sky Labyrinth and Day 1

Erza's P.O.V

The whole guild had arrived in Crocus for the Grand Magic Games. This year, the participants were me, Sting, Rouge, Rufus, and Yukino, a new member. Our reserve member was to be Minerva. Everyone in Sabertooth was in the room for our guild in Sabertooth's designated inn, Crocus Garden, waiting for something that was to take place at midnight. Then, Mabo, the Grand Magic Game's mascot, appeared in the sky as a hologram and caused all of the designated inns for all the guilds to shape shift. He announced that there were more guilds participating than expected, so there would be a preliminary round to narrow all the participating guilds into only 8. The trial would be getting through a maze that went by the name of 'Sky Labyrinth." Too easy. With Minerva's magic, Territory, we were able to get to the finish without even moving a finger. Since we weren't allowed to go back to the guild's inn until the next day, we had to stay at Domus Flau, the arena. After waking up the next morning and getting ready, we heard the other participants before going out ourselves.

"Alright! In just a moment, the curtain will rise on the Grand Magic Games. I'm your emcee, Chapati Rola, and next to me is former Council member, Yajima-san, who will provide the commentary. Yajima-san, I look forward to working together," Chapati-san announced.

"Likewise," Yajima-san replied.

"And I'd like to introduce our guest for day one, the current Miss Fiore, Blue Pagasus's Jenny Rearlight!" Chapati-san said.

"W're gonna win this year!" Jenny cheered.

"Okay, the player are about to take the field! Starting with the eighth-ranked team! Can they recapture their past glory?! The group whose name clashes with their rowdiness! Fairy tail!" Chapati-san announced as Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Lisanna, and Elfman came out, Natsu raising a fist in the air as the arena booed. "Fairy Tail has come in last place every year, but they managed to survive the elimination round, though even in that, they were eighth place. Will the Tenrou group that created a sensation with their homecoming now become Fiore's number one?!"

"I'm just glad they're back. Congratulations, Fairy Tail" Yajima-san said, smiling while giving a thumbs up.

"Alright! Let's move on with the team that finished seventh! The hounds of hell's army, Quarto Cerberus! Coming in sixth place, we have the all-female guild, the dancers of the deep blue seas, Mermaid Heel! In fifth place is the azure wings that sparkle in the darkness, Blue Pegasus!" Chapati called.

"Everyone, do your best!" Jenny cheered.

"Fourth place... the goddess of love and war's sacred destroyers, Lamia Scale! Moving on, coming in third place we have... now this is quite a surprise, in third place we have a first time competing guild! The midnight raiders, Raven Tail!" Chapati called.

"Raven Tail!!?" Natsu screamed.

I was somewhat surprised as well, although I did not show any signs of it. After all, it was the guild of Master Makarov's son, Ivan Dreyar.

"But that's..." Lucy started.

"A dark guild!" Master Makarov finished. "The Grand Magic tournament id okay with letting a guild like that participate?! Well?!!"

"Master, calm down!" Macao demanded, trying to calm down the raging man.

"According to our official information, Raven Tail existed over 7 years ago, but had only been approved as an official guild recently." Chapati confirmed. "There's only two teams left that made it through the preliminaries. Here we go! The team who came second place during the preliminaries... Well, now... This is definitely unexpected. Can the flapping of their fallen wings really carry them all the way here?! the least expected... the unbelievable...Fairy Tail B Team!"