FTNCT |Chapter 20|

Start from the beginning

I shot him a guilty grin. "What can I say? These girls are a bad influence on me."

"You can say that again."

Scarlett gave me a half glare before smirking at Shaun and Nick. "Wait till you both see your houses."

Shaun's mouth was opened wide. "You Toilet papered my house?!" His voice held a tone of bewilderment as if he couldn't believe it.

Meanwhile Nick was starting at us. "Seriously my mom is going to kill me when I go home tomorrow."

I smiled lightly at him. "Don't worry; we only did it on your wall."

"As if that makes it better," Nick replied.

"It does. At least it's not your whole house." Sophia said nonchalantly.

We all talked for a bit and before we knew it, we had started a game of monopoly. It was Scarlett, Sophia and I on one team while the boys on the other team. We were all chirping and trying to beat each other. It seemed that we had lost track of time until I let out a big yawn.

"What time is it?" I asked as I waited for Scarlett to roll the dice.

It was Dillon who answered after glancing at his phone screen. "2:19."

Scarlett, Sophia and I looked at each other and abruptly stood up.

"We have to leave." Sophia muttered.

"I know."

"Dillon, do you have a better way out or do we use the entrance that we came from?" Scarlett asked sarcastically.

Dillon stood up and brushed him pants from the earlier crumbs of cookies. "Just use the main entrance and you guys should be fine. Just follow my footsteps and make sure not to step on anything."

We all nodded and started following him. Thankfully we got to the door undetected but when we opened the door a loud blaring sound started emitting form the house. We all starred at Dillon in confusing.

"Oh S*it, I forgot about the security system alarm. It goes off whenever you open the front door after 12:00."

I slapped my head to my forehead. Dillon's Mom would be coming anytime soon. I grabbed Sophia and Scarlett's hands and dragged them outside. We had no time to be saying sweet goodbye. We all waved at the boys who stood on the front porch awaiting Dillon's parents. Their faces looked grim but I had no time to contemplate that. We ran down the sidewalk back to Zeke's car.

Scarlett started it up and we pulled onto the road. It was pretty empty so Scarlett was pushing the speeding limit. We all rolled down our windows and let the breeze come it. It was nice and quiet, with the occasionally hoot of an owl or the sound of a cricket. The stars were in the night sky but faint due to the pollution of our country. The night had this power to put you at peace in a deep slumber.

I was awaked from my thoughts when Scarlett stopped the car. She pointed her finger to her lips in a motion to keep quiet we nodded and followed her into the backyard. Scarlett had placed a ladder against her window and kept it open so we could sneak back in. Thankful it was still open which meant that we were not caught. One by one, we all climbed the ladder back into Scarlett's peaceful room. After seeing the sleeping bag I realized how tired I actually was.

Slipping into the bag I curled up thinking about how much breaking in we did. We probably set some sort of record but nevertheless it had been a fun nigh. Toilet papering, sneaking around, playing monopoly, it was all part of living life. Muttering sweet dreams to Scarlett and Sophia I turned my back to the wall drifted off to a peaceful slumber.