Chapter - 23 - Promises, promises.

We standed in the middle of the hospital hallway looking at each other like we were each from different planets.

There were so many questions which runned through my scull and washed my brain slowly clean from any information. I didn't know what to do. What do I say now?

We still looked each other in the eyes. It was the weirdest thing anyone could do after a kiss. I was starting to feel awkward when he took my hand and placed between both of his. Suddenly it felt like I was in an old messed up movie.

"We can do this together?"

Yep, that was exactly what he would say in the movie...

"I-I-I..." I didn't know what to say and looked away from his burning stare. "Are you kidding me?" I turned away and took my hand out of his. "I can't even speak because of you... I shouldn't be feeling this right now..."

He took a step closer.

"No! Please stay where you are?" I shouted at him and once again turned away and looked at my hands. "I was supposed to think of my brother right now. I was supposed to be saving him, getting him out of this mess. I was supposed to be his big sister, standing by his side, making jokes about him and teasing him. He was supposed to be a teenager, like all the kids his age. He wasn't supposed to go through this. I wasn't supposed to go through this. Neither of my parents did either. Do you even know anything about me? About my life? My family?" My face burned with tears.

"I'm sorry, this wasn't..."Michael started

I turned silent and avoided his gaze.

"When I was little my dad gave me this little toy. It was a little fluffy toy elephant. It was nearly as big as a hand. I was so suprissed because my dad rarely gave me any presents. This was the only present I got from him besides other crap that turned old, broke or I just got tired of them and threw them out." Michael spoke.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"When I was thirteen my parents went on a vacation and my sister and I stayed home with my grandpa. One day passed and the news reported a missing pair from Masachuset..." He paused" I found out they were my parents. The next few weeks I remember like a blur. I remember there were tons of TV reporters at our door and my grandpa wouldn't let me go anywhere. He wouldn't even let me go out on our back yard because he didn't want the reporters bombarding our family. He wanted to stay quiet and "keep it low" until anything about the case is clear. He said it was for my own good that I don't speak to someone. After two weeks our parents were found in a house basement in the centre of the city. Those were the longest two weeks in my life." He took a long breath.

I thought that he was going to keep telling the rest of the story, but he kept quiet. I didn't know weather it was because he didn't want to remember it or there just wasn't anything to say more.

I saw his parents at the house and they were live and well. I didn't understand why was he so upset about it if it was all over and I didn't understand why was he telling me this when my parents were dead but his - alive and well.

"Why did you tell me this?"

"I'm just saying that I've been trough what you are experiencing right now... you have to calm down, we are going to save your..."He tried to calm me down when I interrupted him:

"You were nowhere near the situation I am now, you're parents weren't dead..."

"You have to calm down..." He walked closer to me sensing I couldn't be able to even stand on my own legs anymore after this much of a blood loss and an emotional fight. I was starting to fell dizzy, but I didn't let him notice it.

I gathered all my strenght. "You're parents weren't dead!" I shouted at his face.

"Let's go to the car..." he suggested. My head was throbing and the pain in my shoulder started to return even stronger. My vision was turning blurry and I knew there wasn't much time until I pass out again.

I stepped back. I didn't want to fall into his arms and act like a pathetic little girl who can't stand on her own. I would better fall on the cold floor than back into his arms again.

"Please. Don't do anything stupid." He pleased.

Ohh, now he was calling me stupid?

"Promise me..." I swallowed back a lump in my throat, "Promise me, you will help me save my brother."

His blurry silouette was standing in front of me. I didn't hear an answer.

"I promise." He finally said.

My vision turned black and I hit the cold floor. I felt the hit and the pain in my shoulder was unbearable but it was too late to scream. I passed out.

***
I'm a new writter and I'm not sure if you're getting the best time reading my story, so please tell me what you think of it and if I have to write something differently... Tell me if you like it and if you do...

VOTE!!!

COMENT!!!

:)

* * *