7. To Imprint, Is To Love (Picture Of Embry)

Start from the beginning

Just like that.

Two lovers.

Kissing.

In the rain.

"That was amazing," whispered Bella.

"Imprint," muttered Jacob.

"What?" asked Bella.

"Well, the first time I saw you after I'd become a wolf, something clicked. I think I must of imprinted on you. And that kiss proved it."

"You're still not helping. What is an 'imprint,'" asked Bella.

"It's when a wolf finds the person that they want to spend the rest of their life with," replied Jacob dreamily, floating on an imagimary cloud.

"Well... I love you, too," said Bella, basically at a loss for words.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

The Science Behind the Imprinting:

Why didn't Jacob imprint on Bella in Twilight?

Jacob didn't imprint on Bella because he imprinted on little Reneesme.

She was made because Edward and Bella were together.

They were together because when Bella moved back to Forks, Edward was intriuged by her and wanted to know why he couldn't read her mind and why she smelled so amazing.

So he pursued her.

But since Bella had lived in Forks her whole life, she met Edward her freshman year instead of her junior year.

Edward was overwhelmed at all the new people and scents, but one stuck out so much, he couldn't resist. He had two years less of experience (than in Twilight) when he met her, which wasn't enough to keep him from restraining.

So he went to Alaska.

His family followed.

They found comfort there and stayed.

They got sick of the snow, though.

They came back because the town of Forks had the perfect weather, the perfect hospital, the perfect everything.

They thought Bella must of left by then, her parents DID fight when she was little.

They were wrong.

Bella's personality and life was obviously impacted majorly because her parents stayed together, causing her to grow up in Forks.

So Jacob imprinted on Bella because Bella will never be with Edward, therefore, Reneesme would never be produced, so he can never imprint on her.

But Reneesme was a part of Bella, so Bella still had some of her traits. That's why Jacob was always slightly attracted to her.

But why can't Bella fall in love with Edward in Midnight?

Edward is too worried about endangering the secret of vampires to go after her and find out why he can't read her mind.

But why wasn't Edward worried in Twilight?

Edward was worried, but not enough to subdue him.

When he was in Alaska, (in Twilight) he was only there a few days, so he didn't learn about Alaska's vampiric history.

In Alaska, the secret of vampires' existance was endangered many times when vampires followed humans to know why something was so different about them.

They couldn't resist and they ended up drinking the human.

The murder was either witnessed by someone or somehow found-out about.

The Volturi had to interfer and the secret saved and the vampire disposed of.

Edward wasn't there long enough (in Twilight) to learn of the history, so he didn't know that all the stories of the consequences of being caught were true.

So he went after Bella, unaware of what might actually happen.

But in Midnight, Edward and his family stayed in Alaska over a year.

They had plenty of time to hear the stories.

Edward is going to be careful and steer clear of Bella... Or will he?

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Author's Note: I know that must of been confusing, so if you need help understanding or have an idea of how to make it less confusing, PM (private message) me! Thanks for reading and commenting! You guys rock!