Chapter 17: There They Go

Fiamettas P.O.V
The next few hours were a blur. Heck, it might've only been minutes for all I knew but I sure as hell felt like hours. We fought and fought and fought. I could smell the outside world by now. We still had to find Acacia and Kani. I prayed to whoever was listening that they'd be ok once we found them.

I had taken down the last guard in this hall and looked around. Everyone looked so worn out and I feel like I looked the same. I was so drained of energy. I was gonna pass out if we had to fight anymore. Everyone looked towards me. I nodded at them all and we kept walking, being careful of what was around every corner.

We had a long stretch and there were no guards in sight. My heart leapt with excitement. Almost free. Almost safe. That's when I saw it. Two bodies lying in the hall in front of us.

"No" I breath and run towards the bodies. "No, no, no, no" I chant, voice getting louder and louder

I reach the bodies. My prayer and chants hadn't been answered. There lay Kani and Acacia. They weren't breathing and they looked like and lifeless. They'd escaped these people for years! And they spend a few hours with us and the end up dead. I go back to believing it's all my fault as I weep. If I hadn't been there in that forest. If I hadn't of left the orphanage then they might still be alive.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up. Cain stands above me with a sorrowful expression.

"C'mon" he said, "there's nothing we can do. You can't bring someone back from the dead" his eyes fill with sorrow

"We've got to keep going"

I nod, swallowing back my tears and stand up. If these people think that killing three of our friends will make me fear them hen they are so very wrong. This on,y fuels my hatred. This makes me want to bring them down. Once and for all.

"Let's go" Cain says and we walk towards the exit up ahead. Nothing tries to stop us. It's as though they want us to dwell on what's happened. It's as though they want us to leave just so we will be willing to come with them next time, knowing what they do however only makes me want to fight more and more.