Ch: 12 Back to my Tortorous Life

Hazel POV:

You can probably imagine how my life went from there. Everyday waking up was pretty much torture. I would cry every night still not sure what happened. I question if I did something wrong. Did I ever say anything mean or offensive? I can't think of anything.

My first day back was the worst. When I walked through the doors, I saw Toby talking to Stacy. He had his arm around her and she was looking right back at him with the same look I used to give him. In that moment, I couldn't breathe or think. I ended up breaking down in tears while the entire school laughed at me. Ruby came to try and cheer me up, but it didn't work too well.

If you don't already know who Ruby is, allow me to explain. She's basically the new cheer captain of the school. Not by choice though haha. Her friends talked her into it. Stacy used to be cheer captain until Ruby proved herself to be better. For these reason alone, I already think that Ruby is pretty cool. She also is going to be a pop star someday, which I admire her for. Sorry got carried away. Back to the story.

"Heyy. If it makes you feel better I think he's a complete jerk. You deserve better Hazel."

"That's the worst part Ruby. Nobody, is better than Toby."

She gave me a sympathetic look as I head to my first class.

When I get there, Toby is sitting in the spot next to my seat still. I shrug and sit in my seat as I look towards the teacher.

"Heyy sweet cheeks. Your not still broken hearted that I broke up with you are you?"

I put my headphones on and turn the music up trying to ignore him. He grabs my headphones and starts listening to the song I was listening to. Wasting all these Tears by Cassadee Pope. Toby laughs at me.

"Wow your pathetic."

I then unplug the headphones and grab them from him. He smirks at me as I shake my head wanting the bell to ring more than anything. Stacy takes Toby's hand and smiles evilly at me.

"C'mon baby lets not worry about Ms. Dorkenstein. Let's talk about us instead."

She smiles and kisses his cheek.

"Alright class settle down. We will now be learning about how..."

Honestly I don't remember what he even taught us so I'm not gonna try guessing for you. All I could think about is why. Why does bad things always have to happen to me?

Toby's POV:

I wake up thinking I was in my bed and I was the next day of school. Boy was I wrong. I woke up strapped down to this table with four guys dressed in lab coats smirking at me like I'm.. Oh great!! The scientists smirk at me while I struggle trying to get free.

"Don't even try to escape. We made sure these bars are beyond your strength to break free."

I let out a growl as they laugh.

"Who are you and what do you want with me!!!"

They all share the same evil smile as they all look at me pulling out some tools.

"Isn't it obvious? We want your blood."

I feel my anger rising as my fangs extend.

"The procedure is quite simple actually. Your death will be painless. You'll just be feeling the blood slowly drain from your body."