Ch: 4 Invitations

Hazel's POV
As Toby and I flew through the sky, we realized it was getting dark out.

"Toby, I think I better get home now. My parents are probably already wanting to murder me, but if I don't come home tonight, they'll have a heart attack."

"Nah it's cool I understand. Parents can be rough on you. I mean you've seen my parents already."

I smile as we slowly land on the ground. Toby smiles at me and holds out his arm like a gentlemen.

"M'lady."

I feel a giggle escape me as I take his arm in my hand as he walks me to my front door. When we near the door, he smiles and kisses my hand.

"Until we see each other again dear Hazel."

I smile and reply,

"Until then Sir Toby."

As Toby walks off, I knock on the door as Blake opens it. He has that devil smile full of mischief as he looks between me and the walking away Toby.

"So how was your ditch day with your boyfriend?"

My cheeks burn up as I glare at him speaking in a harsh tone,

"He's not my boyfriend!"

"Ooh touchy. So you wouldn't mind if I invited him to our campfire tomorrow do you?"

I feel my eyes turn icy blue as my anger rises.

"You wouldn't dare!"

He smiles and hollers,

"Heyy Toby come here for a sec."

I panic and try tackling him to the ground to stop him, but it's too late.
Toby turns around and walks back over towards us.

"Hey Blake what's up man?"

Blake smiles deviously at me then looks back at Toby.

"Our family is having a bonfire tomorrow night and Hazel was wondering if you wanted to come."

Toby looks at me confused.

"Hazel never told me about this."

I look over at Blake to see amusement in his eyes. I hate my brother so much right now to the point, where I wouldn't mind him falling off a cliff.

"That's because she's a shy bird aren't cha sister."

My cheeks burn as I look up to meet Toby's beautiful brown eyes.

"I'll only come if your okay with this Hazel. I'm not going to crash a bonfire if you don't want me to be there."

My cheeks burn as I shake my head slowly.

"Toby your more than welcome to join us. I'm sorry I didn't ask you I was just scared of your answer."

He looks at me intrigued with my response.

"Why, what did you think I was going to say to you?"

"I thought you would say no okay."

I look down at the floor clearly embarrassed with my life. I'm going to kill my brother!

"Why would I say that?"

"I don't know, maybe you've finally seen all the flaws in me that scare most people away from me."

His eyes turn slightly black than go back to their soft brownness.

" Well."

He looks at me with such passion, I can't look away.

"I'm not most people am I? You may have some flaws, but who doesn't. Besides, I think your flaws are adorable."

He smiles at me with that warm smile that melts my heart. I'm trying to think of something good to say back, but I can't. I bite my lower lip as Blake smiles in amusement.

"So, you coming to the camp out or what?" Blake said with a smile that makes me want to punch his lights out.

Toby looks at me and smiles,

"Ya I'll be there."

I smile at him and say,

"Great you'll get to meet my parents."

"As you do mine."

I smile than immediately panic. Wait a minute. Did he say I was going to meet his parents. Oh my gosh!! What if I'm not good enough for them! What if they think I'm weird!

What am I saying, it's not like I'm his girlfriend or anything. Besides I already am going to be weird no matter how hard I try to be normal.

I see a hand waving in front of me as my cheeks glow red.

"Hazel. You hoo! You there sister? Or did your brain travel to another planet we don't know about."

I stop his hand and push it away from my face as I try to regain my dignity.

"Sorry what was that?"

Toby looks like he's trying not to laugh. Great! Now I've yet again embarrassed myself in front of the boy I'm crushing on. Why do these happen to me!!

"I said, don't be nervous my parents will love you."

I smile embarrassingly and nod.

"Well I'll see you tomorow night at the campfire?"

He smiles gently at me and says,

"Yup see you than."

As Toby walks off I punch my brother in the arm. Hard.

"Oww what was that for!!"

I cross my arms and glare at him.

"That's for embarrassing me and being your normal stupid self!!"

I storm into the house as I hear Blake laughing up a storm. As I shut the door, I see my parents smiling at me goofily.

"What?"

My mom rushes up to me and gives me a giant squeezing hug.

"Ohh my baby's got a new friend. Or is he your boyfriend? I'm so excited to meet him tomorrow!!"

She squeals with excitement as my dad huffs.

"Boyfriend? Better not be. Way too soon for boys. You are not ready for that!!"

I groan.

"Dad!!"

I cover my face up from the heat coming to my face.

"No he's not my boyfriend, but I like him. Please don't embarrass me. He's the first guy I've ever liked."

I put a pout on my face as they nod in agreement. My mom sighs with a smile.

"I'll try not to embarrass you sweety. I'm just excited your finally breaking out of your shell that's all."

My dads stubborn look says otherwise.

"Dad please."

He sighs and finally agrees on it.

"Fine, but if he tries to make a move on my baby girl. He's a dead man."

I groan.

" Close enough. By the way, Toby's parents are coming too so again, be nice."

I run up to the bedroom and shut the door behind me. I slowly sink to the floor leaning against the door thinking,

"I really hope this goes well."

What do you think will happen at the campfire? :0 See you guys next chapter.:)