Ch: 11 Car Washes with Heartbrakes

Hazel's POV:

Today was fundraiser day. Our music class was doing car washes for the community, along with some volunteers from school. One of our outstanding volunteers was Toby. He was helping me wash some of the cars. We got paired up together is wash buddies. Coincidence? Not sure. All I know, was that I was sure enjoying being on hose duty.

I laugh as I spray Toby up and down with the hose. However, I start running for my life when he runs after me with a rag full of soaking wet water and soap.

"Ahhhh!!!"

Toby just dumped a cold bucket of soap water all over me. I'm shivering as he wraps a towel around me laughing. I narrow my eyes at him as I storm off to find the hose.

"Don't be mad Hazel."

I still hear his laughter. An evil smile appears on my face as I soak him with the hose on full blast. Toby's eyes widen as he runs off as fast as he can. I fist pump the air in victory as I do a little victory dance. Kids around me look at me weird. Who cares!

"What are you guys looking at?"

They then shrug and go back to what there doing.

Toby peaks his head out from behind a counter and smiles.

"Is it safe to come out now?"

I smirk evilly.

"Nope."

Toby rolls his eyes smiling as he walks out.

My teacher then makes an announcement for the class to here.

"Everyone did a great job washing cars for the people, so a round of applause to that. I thought that it would be a fun idea to have a little competition. We will each be paired up with our partners to wash twelve cars. Whoever finishes first wins. Who wants to join?"

I look at Toby and smile.

He shakes his head at me smiling.

"I'll get us registered."

"Yay!!"

Toby walks to my teacher as I start getting everything ready.

"Soapy water? Check! Long hose that works."

I turn the lever to the hose as water comes flowing out of it.

"Check! Wash cloth or sponges? Check! Two towels? Check! I think that's it."

Toby smiles at me while shaking his head.

"Is it completely necessary to say check after everything you see."

I point the hoss at him with a challenging look in my eyes.

"Don't push your luck buddy."

Toby puts his hands in the air in surrender.

I start spraying the car as Toby starts soaping down the car. Every once in a while I make it rain on Toby's head. Hehe I'm evil. Toby will just shake his head and resoap the car.

When we finish the first time through we switch jobs. Toby has a little too much fun with the hose duty.

"Stop raining on me and do your job!"

To say I'm irritated may be an understatement.

Toby laughs and washes away my soap once again.

I glare hard at him as I shove a soapy towel right in his facing. I rub soap all over him then smile when I'm done.

"There. All clean!"

Toby smiles aiming the hose right at me, spraying me full blast.

"Ahhhh!!!!!!"

He laughs getting me completely soaked.

"You suck!!!"

Toby laughs as I pout.

After several hours, we finally finish washing all the cars.

"Come on Toby I wanna get home!"

"Hang on. Gotta use the restroom first!"

"Ugh!!!"

As I wait for him for what seems like forever, he finally comes out.

"Finally! You took long enough."

He smirks at me as I look him funny at what he says.

"I take as long as I want. Just deal with it."

"Okay? Well let's just head back home."

"Wait! Hazel. There's something I need to talk to you about."

"Okay. I'm all ears. What's up?"

"You know how I told you that I love you."

I smile as a blush sweeps across my cheeks.

"Of course I remember. One of the best days of my life. Why?"

"Because that was a lie."

I laugh at his so called joke.

"Your funny. C'mon Toby we gotta get home."

"I'm serious. I was just using you. You mean nothing to me."

I shake my head not understanding why he is saying these things.

"Look Toby. Whatever joke your trying to pull, it's not funny!"

He laughs.

"Do you think I'm joking? I mean look at you! What kind of idiot would ever fall for a girl like you?"

Tears run down my cheeks as I stand there in shock, not knowing what to say.

"Why are you saying these things Toby?"

I start to hiccup as more tears run down my cheeks.

"Good. That's exactly what I was hoping for. Glad I won't have to have you in my life anymore. Well now that that's done with. See ya."

Toby walks away as I sink to the ground on knees. I can't stop crying at his words. He was only using me the entire time. I should've known that a guy like him would never fall for a girl like me.

Dun dun dun!!!! Woah!! What happened here:0. Guess you'll have to find out next chapter. Sorry it was short, but I feel if I added anymore to the chapter, it would ruin the chapter. Well I'll try to write back soon! Until then hope you enjoyed this chapter! Can't wait to see u next one!!:)))