Chapter VII. The Unknown.

Start from the beginning

I really didn’t remember a boy. That was probably because I was traumatized so much after that, that I didn’t care about what happened all those years before. I lived in the past, but not so far that I could remember things from ten years ago.

“May I ask you a question?”

Without me answering ‘yes’ he already asked his question.

“What is your age right now?”

“I am seventeen.”

“Still a kid.”

“You don’t look much older though.”

“You are right. I am only twenty years old, so I am also a kid.”

“Where is this conversation going? Tell me, sir Windford, what is it what you want from me?”

“I want three things from you.” he said. Finally he would come to the point. Even though he still shocked me with his sudden kiss I pretended like it was normal and didn’t react on it. His hands were still on my shoulder but I acted like I wasn’t afraid at all. While, deep inside, I actually was afraid for the very first time.

“One: I want you to remember me.”

I tried my best to remember him but it didn’t work out. I couldn’t remember him. And after all, if my expectations are right, then he was the killer of my parents.

“Two: I want to be the next count with you by my side.”

That he said that surprised me but again I didn’t react on in.

“And three?”I asked when he kept quiet for a while.

“Three...” His hands had let go of me and he walked around the desk again until he was standing in front of me, the desk between us.

“Three: I want you to forgive me.”

“Forgive you for what?”

“For not mention my appearing at your masquerade ball.”

I looked him in the eye.

“You were there?”

“I was.”

“Tell me, why did my butlers didn’t mention you to me?”

“Probably because they didn’t notice me.”

“It’s impossible for my butler to not notice you.”

“And why is that?”

“They are the best butlers of the whole world.”

“You seem to love them really much.” he grinned.

“I don’t love them. I am just speaking the truth about them. And that’s the only thing I have to say. If you say you were there, than you are a liar.”

“Why would they notice me? I was just one of the guests.”

“On the phone you said you are a friend of my uncle right?”

“I was, yes.”

“You was?”I asked like I didn’t know where my uncle was.

“I was. Because he is not alive anymore.”

“What are you talking about? My uncle is still alive.”

“Well, he suddenly disappeared after he went for a visit.”

“Who did he visit?”

“You.”

This guy knew way too much.

“And after that he disappeared?”

“He did.”

“Oh my...” I acted like I was totally shocked. I was quite a good actress.

“Don’t play dumb with me, lady Shiver. I know you killed him.” He sighed.

“What are you talking about?”

“I saw your butlers dumping him in the cliff nearby.”

“That’s impossible...”

“It happened though.”

“Are you suggesting that I let my butlers kill my own uncle?”

“You wanted revenge for the death on your parents right?”

“I never wanted such a thing. There is a law for such a people. Who am I to play for justice?”

He started to laugh really hard but I didn’t react on it and kept my role. It was better to keep denying it for as long as I could.

“You became better in lying if you ask me.”

“I am not lying.”I said.

“Of course not.”

“This is going to be an endless conversation.” I said as I finally stood up from my chair and walked towards the door. It was time for Sebastian and Ciel to kill this person.

But before I could leave the room, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. I fell back on his chest and he embraced me immediately. He sniffed my hear and his hands stroked my hair and the rest of my body.

“Do you still not remember me?”