Chapter VII. The Unknown.

There was only a small light in the room when I woke up from my sleep. When did it became so dark? What did I miss?

“You are finally awake.” sounded a strange voice across the room.

I couldn’t see a thing and suddenly the light turned on and it hurt my eyes. I closed them and when I opened them again I looked towards the place where the voice just came from.

There was a young boy with brown hair sitting across and he smiled at me with an eye-closing smile. I had never seen him before in my whole life so I tightened my eyes. I wondered who he was.

“Who are you? And what are you doing here?”I asked him.

He started to laugh as an answer. He stood up from his seat and he walked towards me but I didn’t bend back. I wasn’t afraid at all. He was just one annoying boy and the only thing I wanted to know was what his name was and why he was here of all a sudden. And that brought me to the next question... why wasn’t Sebastian or Ciel here to look out for me?

“You don’t seem to remember me.” he said smiling.

“Of course. I don’t remember uninteresting people.”

“That harsh.”

“That’s who I am.”

He started to laugh again and it annoyed me the fullest. Even though, I didn’t show him that. It was like I had just put on a masque to hide my real expressions and emotions.

“So tell me, who are you really? If you were important enough to remember, I would’ve remembered you, but I didn’t so I guess you aren’t anything important.”

“That not so nice, Lady Shiver. Didn’t people tell you that you have to be nice to your guests? Otherwise you’ll scare them away and I don’t believe that that is was you want, is it?”

“I don’t care about other people, and if you knew then you would know that.”

“I do know, though.”

He was now standing right in front of me but I didn’t stood up to face him as an equal. I didn’t have to prove myself.

“I am Andrew Alexander Windford.” he finally said while bowing a little.

I looked at him with narrowed eyes. He was the one who wanted to talk to me. But he was way too early. And he was younger than I expected.

“You’re early.”

“I know I am.”

“Don’t you think it’s rude to come much earlier than arranged?”

“I thought that a fine young lady would make some time for someone like me.”

“And tell me, why would I do that?”

“Because I am handsome, right? You can say a lot of things about me, but I have the looks.”

“If that’s what you want to believe. Go ahead.”

But he was right. He was handsome and there was no denying it, even from my side. I knew that a lot of girls would feel attracted to him but I didn’t. I knew his kind way too well. So well that it sickened me.

He walked around the desk until he stood behind my chair. He placed his hands on my shoulders and kissed my head from above. It shocked me.

“You still don’t remember me, do you?”

“Should I?”

“Don’t you remember the little boy from ten years ago?”

“I don’t.”