The first kiss

The six friends, as well as david crane and Marta Kaufman, were going over the script for the next episode. It was late, about 10:30, and they all were drinking coffee to stay up. The episode they were reading over was the season finale of season 4. The cast and crew were flying out to London, where this episode takes place, to shoot the scenes. They had today to look over the script, and tomorrow to rehearse around a bit. They were to leave for London the following day. This is also the episode chandler and monica are gonna get together. Matty and courteney were both excited about the idea, and each secretly worried. They'd be kissing each other all the time now, and they'd have to act as if they'd just 'done it'. Of course the two were too good of friends for anything to come out of this, but at the same time they were so good of friends that it might be awkward kissing, and having to act like they'd been fooling around. They didn't know whether to be excited or worried.

Around 10:50 pm they decided they all better head home. Courteney stayed after to clean up the dirty coffee mugs. Matty went back when he realized he forgot his car keys.

Courteney shrieked when Matty walked up behind her to scare her.

*court*
"Oh my god! Honey, what are you doing here!"

*matty*
"I forgot my keys. Scared ya?"

*court*
"Oh yes. That was not very nice." Although she wasn't mad. She smiled.

Matt found his keys by the script in front of his seat. He grabbed them and started to walk out.

*matty*
"See you tomorrow, scaredy cat!"

Courteney set the mugs down and turned around. "Wait! Dont go yet"

*matty*
"What? Would you like me to walk you to your car?" He said, implying she gets scared easily. Then he chuckled.

*court*
"No, i want to talk about our scene. You know, where monica and chandler get together. We'll have to kiss, and act like we just slept together. Can we do that?"

*matty*
"Sure we can, well i can. Whats wrong?"

*court*
"Well i mean were so good of friends, you dont think you'll laugh or anything? It wont be uncomfortable?"

*matty*
"Well we could try it... Without anybody around."

*court*
"Ya.... Thatd be good. To make sure its not awkward..."

But matthew interrupted her with a kiss. It was a short one, courteney pulled away but went right back in, lasting longer this time. It wasn't awkward, or uncomfortable. They didnt laugh or giggle or smile. They enjoyed it. It felt like they should have been doing this the whole time.

*matty*
"We'll be alright" and just then courteney laid her head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arms around her. They stayed for a long time, not talking, not kissing or anything, with courteney in Matthews embrace.