Chapter Four: Dinner Is Served

A/N: this is similar to how I picture Emma.

*Emma's POV*
I saw the look that Mommy and Daddy shared and a shiver went through me. I couldn't help but wonder what it meant. Then Mommy tapped my hand. I looked at her confused.

"Aren't you going to open it, baby?" Mommy asked, gesturing to the gift.

My eyes opened wide and I smiled, ripping the pretty princess paper of the little square object. I gasped when I opened it. It was a perfect binki. It was a light purple with and sequined crown in the middle.

"Tank you, oh, tank you!" I giggled, bouncing on the seat. When I stopped I popped it right into my mouth.

Daddy took it out and put it in his pocket. I turned to him and crossed my arms and pouted.

"You can have this after you eat." he said.

"But Mommy just gave it to me!" I cried, tears forming in my eyes.

"Oh, Emma, Daddy only took it so that you can eat. He'll give it back." Mommy whispered in my ear.

"Okay," I nodded.

I still had a pout on my face when Tyler came back to take our order. Mommy ordered her food and Daddy ordered his then as if the forgot and gasped.

"What would you like to eat, Emma?" Mommy asked.

"French fries." I said, happily. I loved french fries, they are so yummy!

"Do you want chicken nuggets or a hamburger with it?" Daddy asked.

"Nuggets !" I cried, giggling.

"Alright, Tyler, for Emma we will have the chicken nuggets and fries." Daddy told Tyler. Tyler quickly nodded and walked away.

Mommy, Daddy, and I say there and talked as we waited for our food. Daddy was so funny telling me all the jokes and stories. As daddy got into his third story I cuddled closer to Mommy, relaxing into her body.

Tyler comes back pretty quickly with our food. Everything looked so good. But it tasted way better then it looked. I hadn't even made a dent in my food by the time I was full. On the other hand both Mommy and Daddy had finished theirs.

"Are you all done, Emma?" Daddy asked, smiling down at me.

I nodded quickly, making me dizzy as I giggled. I fell into Daddy's chest, knocking him back. I gasped and pulled away.

"I'm sorry," I said, looking down at my hands in my lap.

"Baby girl, there's nothing to be sorry about. You've done nothing wrong." Daddy said, lifting my chin and kissing my nose.

I couldn't help the giggle that escaped my lips as I felt Mommy pull me closer and stroke my hair. I hadn't ever felt this safe, loved, or wanted. It is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Soon after our little moment Tyler came over, asking if we needed anything. Mommy asked him for a to go box which Tyler had close by and gave us.

After saying bye bye to Tyler Mommy carried me to the car. This time both Daddy and Mommy got up front. I didn't mind, I just wanted to cuddle.

I watched outside the window as Daddy drove humming to the music and swinging my feet. By the time Daddy stopped the car my eyes had widened to the size of saucer plates. Mommy giggled at my expression as her and Daddy get out of the car. Daddy unbuckles me and pulls me into his arms. I hold on tight as Mommy leads the way to a huge building known as a movie theater. When we reach it we don't even have to stop at the ticket counters we just walk in. We are greeted by a big, fat old man with a beard, he reminded me of Santa. I giggled at the thought.

"Mr. and Mrs. Mason, I have your normal movie snacks and drinks. Is there anything else I can get for you before I take you to your theater for the evening?" the man asked.

"Yes, Emma, is there something you'd like, baby?" Mommy asked.

I nodded my head.

"What would you like honey? Use your words." Daddy said, rubbing my back.

"Chocolate." I said, quietly as I played with Daddy's shirt.

"What kind would you like, sweetie?" the old man asked.

"I like M&Ms." I said.

"Three boxes of those please." Mommy said.

"Those are our favorites too." Daddy whispered to me. I smile, happy we share that.

After walking away to get the boxes the man came back with them. Mommy took the boxes, large popcorn, and a large drink from the man. Daddy took the other large drink and the man turned away from us, leading us to a theater. The sign next to it read Inside Out. I was so excited, I began to jump up and down on Daddy's hip, making him laugh.

We entered the theater where the previews had started. I looked around and no one else was in the theater. Mommy picked a row in the middle and found seats in the middle too. Daddy placed me so I sat between them again. Once I was comfortable Mommy pressed a button on my seat and my legs began to lift up, my back did the same. I was totally reclined as I snuggled into the chair. Mommy and Daddy smiled as the movie started and I relaxed.

By the end of the movie I was crying. Poor girl but I can't believe she stole from her mommy in that one scene, that wasn't right. That was a heavy movie.

Mommy carried me to the car this time and buckled me in. Then got in up front with Daddy. I was curious where we would go next. The car ride wasn't long but it was peaceful.

We came to a stop in front of a huge building. If possible my eyes were bigger then before. This place was beautiful...and it was my home. I could feel it.