Chapter Two: Our Little Girl

A/N: Cameron Diaz is similar to how I picture Kelli/Mommy.

~Emma's POV~
I stood on stage, my mind and heart racing. I wasn't going to be "adopted", as they call it. I wasn't going to have a mommy or daddy. I was going to have to go back to the auction house where I would be picked on or beaten. I would cry myself to sleep

I started to take deep breaths, breathing in Sammy's scent. He gave me comfort. He was the one thing that I had had all my life.

"Five thousand dollars!"shouted a older looking man.

"Ten thousand!" shouted a middle aged woman.

"Ten thousand going once! Ten thousand goin-" he started but was cut off as a couple stood.

"One hundred thousand dollars!" the man and woman shouted together.

There was a loud gasp and everyone went silent for a moment. Then the auctioneer called, "One hundred thousand going once! One hundred thousand going twice! Sold for one hundred thousand! Congratulations, Emma. Please, head to the right."

I do as he instructs, tightening my grip on Sammy. Please don't let them be mean. Please, please, please...

I get to the steps and they're already there. As I take my first step down I stumble and I would've fallen and hit my head had it not been for two strong tattooed arms.

Without meaning to I burst into tears. That was so scary. As if he knew what I needed he picked me up and adjusted me so that I was on his hip.

"Oh, Emma, it's ok, baby." he cooed, hushing me as he rubbed circles on my back.

For the first time in a long time I felt safe. For a second I began to relax and then my hands balled into fists. I pressed away from the man, looking around frantically.

"Where? Where? Where?" I cried.

"Where's what, baby?" asked the woman, speaking for the first time.

"S-Sammy." I said quietly.

"Whose Sammy?" the man asked.

"M-M-Monkey." I told them.

"Shhh, Emma, he's not far. Look, he just fell right here." the woman said, walking to the staircase. She bent down quickly and picked him up. She returned and handed him to me.

"Tank you," I said, taking my monkey from her and clutching him to my chest.

"Mr. and Mrs. Mason, if you would, please. I need to receive the money and signatures." a deep and dark voice said, interrupting our moment. I knew the voice right away. He was very mean to me.

I watched as the woman took a pen from Mr. Meanie after handing him the cash. She signed the papers then handed the pen to the man holding me. As the man stepped closer and closer to Mr. Meanie I flinched and begun to cry. I cling to the man as my body tenses up. When he goes closer I start to lean away, trying to get away from Mr. Meanie.

I see the man and the woman giving each other a serious look. The man quickly signed the papers and backed away. Once they got their copies of my forms and their signed paperwork the woman asked the man to walk away from the table.

The man walked me into the lobby and sits down on a chair, he fixes me so I'm straddling him.

"Hi, baby girl." he says, smiling at me.

"H-Hello." I sniffle, not looking him in the eye.

"You are so beautiful. You're just perfect." he cooed at me as he lifted my chin.

"Tank you." I said, trying to hide a smile.

"My name is Dominic but I would like to call me Daddy. My wife's name is Kelli but she wants you to call her Mommy. Are you okay with that?" the man-no, Daddy asked.

"Daddy..." I said, trying out the name. It felt good to say and fit him well. When I think of the woman Mommy fits her too.

"Yes, baby?" he asks.

"Why Mama take long?" I asked him, looking for her.

"Mommy saw how you reacted to the man back there. She is doing what she does best." Daddy told me.

"What dat?"

"Protecting those she loves."

*Kelli's POV*

"Mrs. Mason, how I treat the littles before they are auctioned off is none of your concern. Once they are yours you can do what you see fit." Mr. Black said.

None of my concern? None of my concern?! Oh, boy was he wrong.

"Mr. Black, by the reaction I saw from her you have done something to her. The fact that you will not say anything proves it. You will be hearing from mine as well as my husband's lawyers shortly." I notify him in a clipped tone.

I march myself out into the lobby to find my husband sitting with Emma cuddled to his chest. Quietly, while they still don't notice me, I pull out my phone and snap a picture.  I hit send and wait for it to get it to Dominic saying, 'I think Daddy found his girl.'

I wait for my ringtone to play. He takes his phone out of his pocket, his eyebrows scrunch together as he hears the tone then his face breaks into a smile as he sees the picture. He looks up in my direction then whispers something in Emma's ear.

Her eyes sprung to where I was and she smiled as she called out, "Mama!"

Her petite body shook as she reached her arms out to me. Her hands clenching and unclenching. My heart swelled at her sweet little face.

I was a dominant woman but there was a different way to treat a submissive and a little.

"Hi, Emma. Look at you, so pretty sitting in Daddy's lap." I said, cupping her cheek in my hand. She continued to reach up to me and a worried look started to show in her eyes. I quickly picked her up and hugged her to me. Her small frame was so light. She couldn't be more then eighty pounds.

"So, baby, Mommy and Daddy wanted to celebrate with you." Dominic said.

"How, Daddy?" Emma questioned, giving him the cutest puzzled look I ever saw.

"How does dinner and a movie sound, Emma?" I ask, snagging her attention.

For a moment she got distracted and started to play with my hair. Then she answered quietly, "Too many people."

Though I don't know her past I know by her words and actions that she was hurt badly and obviously didn't like crowds.

"Oh, no, baby, you'll come to see that due to Daddy you can have anything you want." I told her.

It was true. Dominic was very powerful. He owned a business that everyone wanted to be linked to. I had learned that pretty much everywhere we went to if you looked closely there would be his name.

As I lead us to the car I felt her nod, "Okay, Mommy, I go."

Her voice was full of trust and love. How did we get so lucky?