Chapter 9

My stomach hurts. A lot. It feel like the worst cramps a girl can have. I don't want to get up, I'm scared it might start to hurt worse.
Taking a deep breath, I pushed myself away from Xavier's snoring body and loose grip. Looking back  at him, he was still sleeping like a rock, with drool sliding onto his pillow.
With trembling fingers, I swallowed some more Tylenol. This doesn't feel like a fever. It seems like one, but it's not.
Maybe they're just premenstrual symptoms. Though the dates don't make sense.
I rinced my face with water and brushed my teeth with a new toothbrush Jacky had given me.
"NO! STOP IT!!" I jumped at the sound of Xavier yelling. "PLEASE!"
I buried out and saw Xavier'a thrashing his arms and legs in a tired way.
"ST-STOP....hurts....mom." He painted, still asleep.
I quickly ran to his side to wake him up.
I shook his shoulders, and called his name. His arms tried pushing him away. His entire body was covered in a thin layer of sweat.
"Xavier wake up!" In a rough way, he gripped my shoulders and growled. His eyes opened, the color is blue. He was panting and shaking.
Without warning he slammed me into his chest while it bounced with every rapid breath.
His touch made the ache inside lessen. I sighed and squeezed him, for him and for me.
Within seconds, his trembling died down and breathing slowed. I didn't want to speak, afraid that I'd ask a stupid question and he'd get mad. For several minutes, we didn't say anything, or even move. His arms were stiffly locked around my back and waist. Mine were also around his. I carefully tilted my head up and peaked through my lashes. His eyes are closed and his jaw is clenched.
I began to slowly pull away.
"No." He whispered. "Stay."
He sounds so vulnerable. Not his usual, bossy, scary self.
After a few more minutes, I spoke up. "Xavier?"
He gave a small hum. "Its still really early. We should go back to sleep."
"I need to work. You should sleep, though." He kissed my forehead tenderly. In the middle of it, he paused and sniffed. He pulled away and poked his nose in my neck. "You smell different."
"Good or bad different?" His face voided of emotion, he kissed me on my lips.
"Good. Really good." He quickly dressed and left the room.
What does he mean by that?
5:16 The clock read. And I couldn't sleep. It felt like I was forgetting or missing something. Plus, I was sweating.
I showered really quick and left to see nobody out. It was so quiet, it was scary.
In the living room, I was absolutely amazed by the way it was set. A chrome flat screen almost took up and entire wall, two large couches touched positioned on the side walls, and six recliners the middle. It looked so perfectly clean, almost like it was never used.
I sat down and flipped through channels until I realized there wasn't anything good on. I scrolled through Netflix and settled on a low budget horror movie. I fell asleep within the first fifteen minutes.
---
"Sweetie, wake up." Small warm hands shook me by the shoulders. I slowly opened my eyes, seeing Gretta slowly smiled and shakes me a bit more.
"Come on. I made breakfast." I followed her to the kitchen, instantly smelling the scent of strawberries and oatmeal.
She served me a bowl with three strawberries cut up on top.
"Thank you." I smiled. I already know she's not anyone that would intentionally hurt me. She's too gentle for that.
I sat down next to where she was and slowly ate.
"Gretta, something happened last night." He stopped chewing and questioned with her eyes. "Xavier had a nightmare. He was shaking and calling out."
"That happens a lot. But he told me it had gotten better. We're you not in bed with him?"
"Yes...well, I had gotten out to use the restroom. Then I heard him." She sighed and cleared her throat.
"He's had nightmares ever since his parents died. I've nev-" She said quietly.
"His parents are dead?" She nodded. "How?"
"I can't tell you. He'll be angry and it's really not my story to tell. All I can say was it's was terrible. And it's changed him from a young, innocent boy to and angry man." She sniffles. "You've been changing him. He would never smile before, but now he does. They're small, but they're smiles. He wouldn't sleep before because of the nightmares. But he's been sleeping lately. With you, he can sleep."
"Oh." I felt like an idiot for saying that. But I didn't know what else to say. "So, if I leave, both of us will be miserable. Not just me." She nodded. Then her head snapped up and gulped.
"He's angry." She whispered.
The front door slammed open and shut. Multiple curses and growls along with heavy footsteps stormed upstairs.
"You should try to calm him down." Gretta suggested.
"Why me?"
"Because if someone else tries, they'll get hurt. And he couldn't hurt you, even if he tried." I groaned and hopped off my seat, giving Gretta a quick hug and goodbye.
At the front of his office door, I couldn't hear anything. I thought he would be wrecking everything again.
"I knocked on the dark wood, and waited for and answer.
"WHAT?!" I flinched, thinking twice about entering. But I didn't anyways.
He sat behind his desk, with his hands covering his face.
Without making any noise, I slowly approached the front of his desk.
"I came to see if you were alright." I said as I figited with the white t-shirt I arrived in. Gretta had washed and removed the dirt stains.
He removed his hands from his face and stares at me. His gaze is paralyzing and uncomfortable when he's angry. I almost feel like he's mad at me.
He suddenly leaped from his chair and stood directly front of me. Towering over me at 6"3, his hands cupped my face and he kissed me with an angry force. Being submissive to him, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed back. Millions of tiny sparks shot throughout my body as he pulled me closer. I almost moaned at the amazing sensation.
I didn't come in here for this.
"Stop. St-stop." I said in between kisses. A low growl passed his lips and pulled me even closer, nipping my lip.
"I said stop." I pushed him away as hard as I could, but I was still in his arms.
"Why?" I squirmed in his grasp. There wasn't really a reason except that I wanted to know what his problem was.
"I-" Then ther was a knock at the door. He growled and yanked the door open.
"WHAT!" Kevin flinched, but stood straight with his chin up.
"He's beginning to talk." Xavier tensed and faced me. Then he turned his head to look at me. His eyes flickered from blue and his bright hazel.
"Stay here. I'll be back soon." Then he slammed the door.
A bit annoyed at how he commanded me to stay in his office, I could help but wonder who they were talking about. Who was beginning to talk?
I didn't want to stay in here. My 'cramps' were beginning to bother me, and I could feel my temperature rising.
I went into the bathroom of his room and once again, had to swallow two tabs of Tylenol.
Speaking of those, made me think of my mom. I should visit her.
Nobody was in the house. It was completely empty. Extremely silent and vacant.
Then out of nowhere, someone barges through the door. I know because of the loud slams and curses coming out of her mouth.
As she enters the hallway, she stops when she sees me, then crosses her arms.
She was extremely beautiful. Her long blonde hair is in short curls, surrounding her perfect face. She has a flat stomach showing because of her croptop, with a large bust and small hips. Her legs are long and exposed because of her shorts.
"So you're her?" She says with no emotion. I don't know what she means. "The Alpha's mate? Lucy." I slowly nod. She scoffs and mutters something under her breath.
"Do you know where he is? Xavier?" She scowl at me for a moment, then her face twists into a grin. Her pearly white teeth twinkle from the light bouncing off.
"Actually I do. Follow me." She turns on her little white flats and starts walking towards the door.
I quickly walk behind her because of her fast pace. Once we're outside, She walks behind to the sides of the enormous home. Right there, next to the edge of the forest, was a small bunker door.
"He's in there." She points. "I'm not allowed inside, but you are." And without her, I open it and slowly start walking down the steps.
Little did I know, I was one of the worst decision I could have ever made.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I know it's been a while, but I just haven't been in the mood. And my grandpa just passed away, so if I didn't update now, it would have been a long time until I did.
Anyways, Vote, Comment, and eat a cupcake if you want.
Byeee