Chapter 7

"No! No, I'm not! I'm not even a wolf!" I screamed as I shot up from my spot on the bed. I stumbled a little, but I kept my balance.
Xavier's eyes turned blue. He stood up roughly and angrily.
"Yes you are!! You're mine!!" He started walking towards me with his hands in fists. Fists.
I jumped back into the wall with my arms covering my healing ribs and face.
"Please don't hurt me." I whispered. I'm absolutely pathetic. I can't even stand up for myself.
A loud growl shook the room. He grabbed my hips and pulled me to him. I tried to pull away, but he pinned me to the wall.
"I know you feel something for me. I can feel you shiver every time I touch you. Stop denying me." He started kissing my neck. I had to hold in a moan when he kissed the spot he bit me. What the hell did he do to me?
"S-sto-stop. I do-don't... want..you." He stopped kissing and looked down at me. Hurt, anger, jealousy, and shock flew through his eyes.
The truth is, I did want him. I felt attracted to him in an annoying way, and it wouldn't go away unless he was holding me. But I can't stay.
"There's someone else isn't there?" He seethed. His eyes were blue and his grip on me became tighter, almost painfully.
I whimpered. "What?"
"I'll rip him to pieces. You're not going anywhere near another man." He growled and puled me closer to his bare chest. His lips came dangerously close to mine. "I'll kill anyone who tries to take you from me." Then he kissed me.
Oh my god!! I've never kissed anyone before!!
He greedily moved his lips against mine. And so did I. I couldn't resist him. I felt like a fifteen year old having a steamy moment with her crush. But I didn't have a crush . It was something else.
My arms wrapped around his neck and pulled him closer. This is wrong, but not everything has to be right. I feel like I'm in heaven.
I don't know how long we kissed, but my lungs felt like they were about to collapse. I pulled away panting.
"That was.....wow." My voice was low and tired.
"I know." He kissed me again with less force. I slowly pulled away.
"Let me go." His body became tense and I felt his grip tighten.
"No way in fucking hell. Not even a chance." He whispered harshly. "I have people surrounding the house. And if you even managed to get passed them, my territory is 400 miles in every direction. I'll always find you." He roughly kissed my my lips. The tone in his voice was reassuring and promising. There really isn't another way.
If I run away somehow I'll just end up back here. If I go back to my old house, my dad will most likely kill me. And if I manage to run away from Xavier, I'll be homeless. It'll be hard for me to start a manageable life. And I know I'll miss him in a pretty messed up way. But I won't stay willingly.
"I don't care if you don't agree. You don't have a chance of getting out of here. So you should get comfortable." He kissed me once more before leaving the room and locking the door behind him.
I kicked and screamed for someone to open the door but no one came. How dare he? I'm not a child.
How else can I get out of here?
The window!!
But he has people down there waiting for me to try. Oh well. I have to at least try.
I carefully climbed out the window. Every floor I passed was a huge victory.
"Uuhh, Luna?" I heard as I had just made it to the first floor. I looked down and saw the boy who found me in the woods. I jumped the last floor.
I was prepared to land on my back, but two strong arms caught me. I looked up into a pair of nervous brown eyes. He quickly set me down but kept a firm grip on my arm in case I ran.
"You're not suppose to be out of the house, Luna. You should get inside." My fear didn't let me speak. I let him pull me back to the house.
Once we were inside, he lead me to the kitchen.
"Do you need anything, Luna?" He nervously scratched his head and looked down. I'm glad I'm not the only nervous one here.
"I-I-I'm fine." I stuttered and back up. He glanced up and left without another word.
I just stood there. I was really tired and hungry. And I had just woken up. Maybe I can find something really quick.
I opened the closest cupboard. Crackers will have to do.
I reached for them and stuffed one in my mouth. How long was I asleep? Must have been a while if they had to put a feeding tube up my nose.

I was half way through the small stack when I heard a thunderous growl. I dropped the crackers and cursed.
I quickly bent down to pick them up. Once was up, Xavier was standing at the entrance. Oh, crap.
Like always, he was angry. Eyes blue, breathing heavy. I found myself not as scared as usual. I ate another cracker.
"I locked you in the damn room for a reason, Lucy." He said calmly. I shivered when he said my name. I didn't say anything. "What the fuck is that smell?" He whispered coming closer to where I stood.
I don't know what he meant so I just stood there. He eventually was directly in front of me. He reached out and slammed me into his chest. He took one long sniff of my neck and growled.
"Kevin." And he stormed out of the kitchen. I let out a small breath. I can relax a bit again.
But my anxiety arose when I heard a loud slam. It came from upstairs.
I ran up two flights of stairs to find what had crashed.
Xavier was choking a very scared looking guy on a wall.
"YOU FUCKING TOUCHED HER AGAIN!!" And he slammed him harder against the wall.
"She...jumped..." His face started turning purple. I panicked.
"Xavier!! Stop!!" I ran towards him and tried to pull him away from whats-his-name.
"I swear to god, if you ever touch my mate again I will rip you to pieces in front of everyone. Do you understand?!?!" He gave a short nod before Xavier dropped him. "Now get the hell out, Kevin. Zander wants to kill you right now." He growled. Kevin stood up and ran out of the hallway.
Xavier turned towards me. I was already close to him from trying to pry him off of Kevin.
"Don't you ever let anyone touch you again. I'll kill them." He tried reaching out for me but I backed away. He didn't like that.
Before I knew what was happening, he had me pinned against the wall. He really has a problem about doing this.
"Don't do that again, Lucy."He whispered harshly, his grip on my arms became painfully tight. I whimpered and he loosened up. His gaze softened and he kissed me gently on the lips. "I'm sorry, baby. I just really hate it when you don't let me touch you." He let go of my arms and held on to my hips. He was still giving me soft kisses that I couldn't say no to. "Let's go get you something to eat. I know crackers are not going to satisfy." He quickly lift me up into his arms. I struggled a little but stopped when he growled.
He lead me to the kitchen and sat me on the marble counter.
"Stay here." He whispered and kissed my cheek.
He pulled out a plastic bag of dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets. I looked at him weirdly.
"We have kids here." He shrugged.
Minutes passed, and I just sat there watching him. He's so bipolar. One minute he doesn't want to let me go, the next he's trying to kill someone.
My thoughts were interrupted when I was carried off the counter and placed on a chair.
"I need to ask you some things after you eat." He said before sitting down in a chair beside me and pulling out the latest iPhone.
I slowly dipped the nuggets into some ketchup and ate them while he made phone calls and sent text messages.
"I don't care how far you have to go, just find him!!" He whisper-yelled. "He threatened to take her.....You do know he's the one who killed them.....I don't care!!! I've been looking for him for years!!....Be ready, I'll be there in a couple hours." He hung up the phone. I finished the food. Then he turned towards me.
"Its late, and I need you to answer a few questions. You don't have to answer the ones you are uncomfortable with. Just answer truthfully." I nodded.
"Why were you in the woods that night?" I swallowed.
"I ran away from my dad." My palms got sweaty.
"Why?"
"He's been hitting me for a while. I couldn't take it anymore. I packed a few things and left." My heartbeat sped up.
"He did this to you?!" He growled and I nodded. "Why?" He hisses.
I don't answer. I just shook my head, trying to hold back tears. He grabbed my hand.
"Where were you planning on going?" I shrugged.
"And your mom?" I started sobbing and clutching my chest.
"She's dead." I cried out. It hurt to talk about her.
"Lucy, please don't cry." He pulled me onto his lap and held me tightly. I stiffened a little.
"You're not going anywhere. You have to stay here. I'm gonna take care of you." I sighed and hugged him back. It was comforting. He's like a giant teddy bear that growls when you try to let go.
He carried me to his room and sat me down on the bed.
"Wait here." He left the room. Then reentered with a puffy-eyed Jackie.
"I need to go for a few hours. Jackie will keep you company. I know you've met before." He gave me a side glance and left.
It was just us now.
"Are you alright?" I asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine. You?" I nodded. She sat on the bed and played with the hem of her flowy black skirt. She wasn't as talkative as the other day.
"Are you sure you're ok?" She sighed, shaking her head and wiping her face as fresh tears sprung from her eyes. "What's wrong?"
She sobbed and took a few deep breaths. "My mom had an attack last night. She's not looking too good." I hugged her as she sobbed and sniffled.
"Is she awake?" She nodded. "I was talking with her before Alpha Grey told me to follow him. My dads with her right now."
"Do you want to go back?" Hesitantly, she nodded.
"I have to stay with you though. Alpha's orders." She was still hugging me. She seemed like she didn't want to let go because I had already loosened my grip.
"I'll go with you. Let's go." She immediately stood up and grabbed my hand. She quickly walked out with me following her.
She lead me outside and into a smaller, but still pretty big house. But everything inside was white, and looked like a hospital.
"Over here." She walked into some double doors.
I felt very underdressed. Everybody was either in casual clothes or doctors coats. Why do they have a hospital so close???
We stopped in front of a door with a whiteboard on it that said Pearce.
"Wait here." She opened the door and took one step inside. "Mom, dad? I have someone to introduce you to. She's Alpha Grey's mate. The Luna." She opened the door.
And I saw someone I was never expecting to see.
My voice cracked. "Mom?"

&#&@%#&#&@%#&@%#&#%#%#%#%
Please don't hate me for all the cliff hangers. I just can't help it.
I added a picture on Chapter 4 of Kevin, Xavier's Beta. The one on this chapter is of Jacky's dad.
COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE!!! I love all the comments.