Hearing that made me feel a little bad.

"Don't worry about it babe. I can wait." He offered, noticing the change in my facial expression.

"Thank you,Skylar." I smiled.

"Under one condition though..."

"What is that?" I asked.

"You have to invite your family too." He said.

"Deal." I said with a smile.

"Well today is Wednesday. I leave Sunday. Are you off on Saturday?" He asked me.

"Yeah."

"Think that day is okay with yo fam?"

"It should be."

"Well it's a date then." He said, kissing me on my forehead.

" I want something sweet." I said, suddenly craving some banana pudding. My favorite bakery in LA sounded like a plan.

"Let's go to my mom's bakery." Skylar suggested.

"Your mom owns a bakery? Whats the name of it?"

"Joyful Temptations."

"Your mom owns Joyful Temptaions?! I loooovvvveeee that place." I gushed.

Skylar just stared at me like I was crazy. "I'm learning more and more about you everyday." He said with a smile. "Let's go."

Three Days Later

My family agreed to come to the gathering that Skylar's parents were hosting. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared out of my mind. I love Skylar and I want my family to accept our relationship. But I've set in my heart that regardless to how they feel, I'm going to follow what I think is best. The whole reason why I avoided Skylar so long was because of what everybody else had to say and it almost cost me my relationship.

I decided to head over to the Jackson household ahead of my family to offer a helping hand and to see my baby of course. I was sad that he was leaving tomorrow. I've been fighting tears ever since this morning.

"Aye baby come here." I heard Skylar say from the patio.

"Yes?" I asked when I walked outside to where he was seated on a patio chair.

"Come sit with me, ma." He said. By the look on his face I could tell that something was bothering him.

"What's wrong, boo?" I asked taking a seat on his lap.

"I gotta tell you something."

"Go ahead." I coached.

"I got accepted into the draft and they invited to me to Draft camp to showcase my skills." He told me.

"That's a good thing, Skylar. Why are you looking like this?" I asked, searching his eyes for an answer.

He let out a long sigh. "I don't know. I'm just getting worried. Like if I do get drafted that's gon mean a major change in my life. Imma be pushed into that baller lifestyle."

"What's wrong with that?"

"I don't want that to have an effect on our relationship."

"Then don't let it, baby. If you love me as much as you say you do then you'll make the right decision. Granted, it won't be the easiest thing in the world but I'm confident that you'll handle yourself. But, if you do mess up just be honest with me. At the end of the day I know what I'm signing up for. I just need you to remember who and what you're coming home to. " I said seductively as I guided his hand along the inside of my upper thigh.

He looked up at me with lust-filled eyes.

"Poppa come greet your uncles and aunties." Ms. Joy asked from the doorway leading out to the patio.

"Yes ma'am." Skylar said, tapping my thigh, signaling me to rise off of his lap.

"Sanai, I think your family just pulled up." She informed me.

I instantly got nervous.

"What you getting nervous for?" Skylar asked, noticing my hesitation. I shrugged it off.

"Who from your family is coming?" he asked me.

"My dad, my older sister, her boyfriend and their daughter." I said.

"Cool." He nodded.

I greeted Skylar's family before heading out the front door to meet my dad at the car.

"Hey daddy!" I greeted my father with huge smile and a hug.

"Hey, pumpkin." He greeted with a gentle smile.

"How are you?" I inquired as we walked up the sidewalk towards the Banks household.

"I'm doing well. I just wish my daughter would have told me more about her boyfriend before getting engaged." He said smoothly, making me freeze.

"Wondering how I found out huh?" he said with a smirk. I nodded my head. "A real man always asks the father for his daughters hand in marriage."

I smiled and blushed at the thought of Skylar. But how did he get in contact with my father though?

"Where's India?" I asked, changing the subject and inquiring about my sister.

"Harmony had a little performance so Ricky is going to bring them afterward. They should be on their way now."

"Ok." I said, nodding my head as I pushed the front door open.

When we walked in Skylar's family immediately turned their attention towards my father and I. They were all seated comfortably in the family room.

"Everyone, this is my father Don Gibson. Daddy, this is the Banks-Jackson clan." I introduced him, moving my hand in a sweeping motion across the room.

They went around the room and introduced themselves one by one like they did when I first met them.

I looked around the room and saw that Skylar and Reagan were absent. They must've been upstairs. Before I got a chance to go look for them my dad told me that my sister and her family had just pulled up. I walked outside to meet them the same way I did for my dad.

When I walked back into the house with them we were met with an awkward silence. At that point I was confused.

I noticed Skylar and Reagan at the top of the stairs. Their laughing immediately stopped when they laid eyes on my family. Anger flashed in Skylar's eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked, thoroughly confused.

**************************************************************

Sorry for the delay.... Hey Schmoopie *waves*