Chapter 21

Skylar

The last nigga I ever thought to see standing in my grandparents house is really just standing here.

"I need everybody except for Reagan, Taison, Terrell, Skylar, Sanai, Ricky, India, Don, Storm and myself to clear the room right now. Sunni help with the kids." My mom ordered. Everyone hesitated.

"Move it!" My dad cosigned

Once the room cleared you could feel the thick tension that filled the room.

"What's going on? Why does everybody look so mad?" Sanai questioned, looking up at me like some lost little child.

"We all tryna figure out why this bitch made nigga and his hoe is standing in my grandparents living room." I spat, looking Ricky dead in the eye.

"Disrespect my girl again." He challenged.

"Step to me my nigga and I'll lay that ass out like I did the first time." I said, letting go of Sanai's hand.

"Whoa! What is going on here?" Sanai asked.

"Sanai please tell me you don't love this no good ass nigga." Ricky said, sending my anger levels through the roof.

"You're one to talk, Ricky." Reagan spoke up before I could.

"Here this whiny bitch go." I heard Sanai's sister say with a huff.

"Somebody needs to tell me what's going on in here!" Sanai yelled.

Everybody just stared, waiting the next person to give Sanai an explanation. Rae decided to speak up.

"You remember when I told you about the guy that I saved myself for but ended up finding out that he cheated on me?" Rae asked.

Sanai nodded her head in remembrance.

"He's standing right there." She said, nodding her head toward Ricky.

Sanai's eyes widened in astonishment but then turned to confusion. "But why does everybody hate my sister?"

"When I returned home from a trip to New York, she was laid up on the couch with Ricky who was my fiance at the time." Rae revealed.

"What?!" Sanai asked in straight disbelief.

"It wasn't like that." India spoke up.

"Then what was it like? Because it's apparent that yall had something going on because he's the father of your daughter and you're still with him." Rae shot back.

"Why are you so bitter? Why does it matter when you have a perfect husband and son? We've moved on. Why can't you?" India questioned.