Chapter 4

Sanai

I'm like "hey, what's up, hello"
Seen yo pretty a** soon as you came in that door
I just wanna chill, got a sack for us to roll

Married to the money, introduced her to my stove
Showed her how to whip it, now she remixin' for low

She my trap queen, let her hit the bando
We be countin' up, watch how far them bands go
We just set a goal, talkin' matchin' Lambos
Got 50, 60 grand, 500 grams though

I nodded my head to the music blasting through my portable Bluetooth speaker. Here I was spending another Friday night in my dorm room while the rest of my roommates went to wild out.

I'm not gonna lie and say that it doesn't bother me but I'd rather be comfortable alone than uncomfortable with a big group of people. The thing I hate the most is being in a group and still feeling alone. It makes the whole thing of getting together pointless.

I spent my afternoon catching up on reruns of Being Mary Jane. I hope I don't end up like her. At some point she just gets to be nothing more than pathetic. I couldn't bear to watch her anymore which led to my current situation; listening to music.

I was in the midst of searching for another song when my phone vibrated, signaling that I had a text.

323-455-555

Hey Sanaiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

I frowned at the message from a number that I definitely didn't recognize. I decided that it would be no harm in replying.

Hey who is this?

323-455-5555

Skylar

That response made my heart stop them speed up. How did Skylar Jackson get my number?

Ummmm...hey.

323-455-5555

How you doing? What you up to?

So we finna ignore the obvious?

323-455-5555

What's the obvious?

The obvious question of how you got my phone number. I never gave it to you.

323-455-5555

Does it matter? I have it now. We talking. You ain't complaining are you?

I let my mind marinate on it for a minute. I smirked as I replied to his message.

Nah.

4hrs Later

"You not tired yet?" I asked Skylar through the phone.

After an hour of texting Skylar decided that he wanted to hear my voice so he called me.

Skylar and I have been talking since eight, it's twelve now and I'm tired. We learned a little about each other but I know that there's more to him.

The coolest thing about him though is that he's such a character. He's hilarious. He had me laughing at the dumbest stuff.

"Not really. I could listen to you talk all night." He said.

"You're lying." I giggled. "I can tell that you're sleepy because of how deep and low your voice is getting."

"Well....but still don't hang up ma." He said.