Lessons Learned

I love hearing comments from you guys all throughout the chapters! So feel free to comment on everything you like! (And everything you maybe don't like as much so I know what to avoid in the future!) Anyway! Love the feedback! :) -Leah

P.S. My Fanfiction account has been acting wacky and so you guys get to see this chapter before they do. :)

------------------------------

Leo had been struggling for the past few minutes or so to keep Michelangelo in sight since they left Donnie's lab. The youngest turtle was fast and agile, and was also currently trying to escape from his eldest brother. Every time Leo turned his back, Mikey attempted to sneak off. You see, they were heading for the dojo, where Leonardo would proceed to tell Master Splinter all about Mikey's prank.

After the eldest had caught rescued Mikey from Mona's wrath earlier, he'd taken quite a bit of time lecturing the youngest turtle about how pranks were a shameful misuse of resources and blah-dee-blah-blah-blah. And the punishment Leonardo had dished out was already enough. The last thing Mikey wanted was for Master Splinter to punish him as well.

The blue-masked turtle literally had to drag Mikey the last few feet into the dojo and toss his orange-masked sibling inside. "Sensei!" He called.

Within moments Master Splinter appeared at the door to his room. "Leonardo. Michelangelo." He greeted and they both bowed. After a short moment of silence the old rat asked, "Is something wrong?"

"Uh....nope, nope! Nothings wrong! It's all cool! Bye Sensei!" Mikey said hurriedly before making a run for it.

Leo tensed and was about to jump after the goofball, when Master Splinter beat him to it and grabbed the orange masked sibling by the carapace. "Michelangelo." He said sternly, chidingly. "What have you done?"

Mikey sighed in defeat. "I kinda..." His voice died down to a mere whisper. "...dipped Mona's hair in paint."

Master Splinter raised an eyebrow. "What was that? It sounded like you said you dipped Mona Lisa's hair in paint."

"He did, Sensei." Leo confirmed.

Their rat father's eyes narrowed and Mikey shuddered. "It was just a joke Sensei."

"Where is she? Did he upset her?" Splinter asked, turning to Leonardo probingly.

"He disturbed her Sensei, but she was just really angry. We're lucky Mikey's little joke didn't spike any painful memories." Leo answered.

The rat mutant nodded solemnly. "Yes, my son. That is very fortunate." Then he turned back to Michelangelo. "Michelangelo, you must remember that no matter how strong hearted Mona Lisa may seem, she is deeply scarred by the past. You cannot always treat her the way you treat your brothers. We are fortunate that this prank of yours did not truly harm her, otherwise it could have jeopardized the trust that she has placed in your brothers and yourself. Do you understand that, Michelangelo?"

Mikey was too ashamed to meet his father's gaze. "Hai Sensei."

"Good. Starting tomorrow you will have an extra hour of training for the next month."

"What?! But Sensei-!"

"Would you prefer I make it two?"

Mikey shut his mouth faster than Leonardo had ever seen before. He couldn't help but grin a little at the expression on Mikey's face. The eldest chuckled and patted the youngest turtle's shoulder. "At least it's not as bad as the punishment I set up for you."

Mikey huffed in agreement and Sensei sent his eldest son a curious stare. "And what would that be, Leonardo?"

The eldest smirked and Michelangelo glared. "Don't even say it Leo." Mikey growled.