Chapter Sixteen

I woke to the feeling of being carried.

My eyes fluttered open but they felt too heavy to keep them open. I closed them once more, trying to figure out what was going on. My entire body was hurting, but I knew why that was. Or at least I thought I knew most of why it was hurting. I remembered the crash and my arm being pinned between the door of the car and my seat. But what I couldn't quite figure out was who or what was carrying me at that moment.

I let out a yelp as I was suddenly thrown down onto something that felt rather hard. Pain seared through my back and spread throughout my body to my limbs before I let out a yell as I felt something cold wrap around my injured arm and it was jerked upwards. I began struggling before something came out and struck me in the face before I felt a hand grip my chin hard.

"Quit your struggling and you won't get hurt...Any more," came a voice I didn't recognise and I stilled.

I managed to recognise that the person talking to me was male. He finished whatever it was that he was doing, which ended up with me being cuffed with my hands above my head to something. I didn't open my eyes to find out what it was exactly because I was afraid to see what was going on. Once he was done for sure, I felt something warm and wet brushing against my forehead and my eyes snapped open straight away.

"What the hell are you doing?" I demanded as I pulled back slightly and looked over at him, falling still when I found out just how close he was. He grinned at me as he met my eyes and I swallowed heavily, flinching away from him.

"I'm attempting to heal that rather large gash on your forehead. If I don't tend to it now then you could keep bleeding and loose consciousness again," he snapped at me and I scowled at him.

"Well...Do you have to do it that way? Because whatever it is that you are doing feels completely weird and wrong," I said to him as I looked away. I heard a chuckle come from him but I ignored it and kept my eyes away from him.

I felt him lean back down again and I tensed up as I felt his tongue, I'm assuming, brush along the wound on my forehead. I did my best not to scream out in disgust as that was how I was feeling. And a little nauseous but I guessed that may have something to do with the head injury I had sustained.

When he eventually pulled away from me, my eyes were shut tight and I was feeling sicker than I had ever felt before in my life. I held back a gag as I felt him lean in and nuzzle into my neck, my skin crawling at the feeling. I swallowed heavily and did my best not to flinch away from him again. He seemed to sense this and he smirked. I could feel it against my neck. He pulled back and looked at me curiously, tilting his head as he did.

"You...taste different..." he said and I scowled at him.

"So I've been told. Don't get used to it," I snapped at him, keeping my face turned away from him. I felt him sigh against my face before he pulled away completely and stood up. I remained silent and still as he walked away and I heard a door slam shut somewhere in the room.

I remained that way until I was completely sure he had left and I heard his footsteps disappearing away from the room before I opened my eyes and looked around the room. It was too dark to tell anything definitive about the room except for the very small bed that I had been so roughly placed on. My hands were cuffed to the bed head above me and I tested the strength of both the wooden headboard and the cuffs around my wrists. It bent a little bit before it held it's own against my strength and I scowled before giving up and staring at the ceiling.

My entire body was now throbbing painfully and it was starting to get to the point that I was grinding my teeth to keep from crying out. I swallowed heavily, closing my eyes as I began to mutter a small saying over and over again to try and calm myself down. It helped a little bit but not enough. I clenched my eyes shut tightly, my teeth clenching as well as I let out a breath.