Chapter Eleven

I bit down on my lip as I looked at the school gates the following day.

My father had deemed me well enough to go back to school but he had said to take it easy. He had even rung the school while I was getting ready and told them that the second I felt ill again they were to send me home.

I sighed before I began to walk into the school grounds. I nodded my hellos to the other students as they called out their greetings and welcome backs to me, walking carefully towards my locker as the ground seemed especially slippery today. My coat was wrapped around me tightly, causing me to shiver despite the warmth it provided.

I clutched my coat around me tighter as I entered the locker corridor. I felt colder inside the corridor than I had outside and I cursed myself. Shaking my head, I headed towards my locker before I gave out a small yelp as I felt a hand wrap around my wrist and give a pull backwards. I whirled around, my other hand raised and ready to stroke but another hand came out and grabbed my hand before I was forced back into the lockers behind me and I winced.

"That's not very nice, Aria," came a whispered voice I now recognised anywhere and my eyes snapped open.

"Damn it Jasper! Don't sneak up on me like that!" I exclaimed at him and he grinned at me.

"But your reactions are the bed," he said and I hit his chest.

"I don't care. Don't do that," I said to him as I looked away from him. I started when I felt his hand cup my cheek and I looked back at him.

"I'm sorry I scared you, Aria. It wasn't my intention," he said as he stroked my cheek. I sighed and reached up, placing a hand over his.

Jasper smiled at me before he began to lean in towards me. I quickly raised a hand and placed it between me and him.

"Not now..." I whispered as my eyes darted around nervously.

"Don't worry, Aria. No one is around. They're all outside enjoying the snow," he whispered to me and I scowled at him, pushing against his chest.

"No, Jasper. Not now," I said as I tried to get away from him and the sleeve on my coat as well as the one on my blazer slipped down and my bandaged wrist cam into view.

Jasper's eyes narrowed on the bandage and he quickly grabbed hold of it lightly...At first. I winced as the pressure increased around my wrist and I closed one of my eyes against the pain. I stiffened as I felt something warm starting to roll down from my wrist from just underneath the bandage and I began to struggle against him.

"Let go, Jasper!" I exclaimed as I struggled but his grip only got tighter before he pinned me back against the lockers. I winced as I felt the locks on the lockers behind me digging into my back and I pushed against his chest, trying to free up some space so I could actually move or breathe.

He growled before he took a rather tight hold of my now rapidly bleeding wrist and began tugging me away from the lockers. I fought against his grip, trying to get free as I recognised the change in colour that his eyes had taken when he had spotted the blood - my blood - rolling down my arm from my wrist. I pulled against him more, trying to get free but it was no use.