Chapter Nine

I waited until I heard Jasper's car pull away from curb in front of my house before I leaned back into the couch and let out a breath.

The dizziness had hit me again the second that I leaned back and I closed my eyes to try and ease it a little bit. I took in a deep breath, gripping onto the arm of the couch with my hand tightly.

When it did start to go away, I lifted my head slowly so as not to encourage it to stay or come back. When it didn't do either, I relaxed, standing up and began making my way to my room upstairs. I took it slow, my entire body starting to shake once more despite my best attempts to ignore it. I made it to the stairs, clinging to the railing as I walked up them. It hurt like hell walking up the stairs but I managed to make it to my room where, once inside, I collapsed down on my bed and fell back asleep the second my head hit the pillows.

* * * *

I didn't wake up again until my father came to tell me that he was leaving for work the following day. I stirred as he shook me gently and I looked up at him confused.

"I'm going to work now, Aria. Call me if you need anything alright?" he said as he moved some of my hair out of my face.

"Sure thing, Father," I said sleepily as I closed my eyes once more. He hadn't done anything like that since I was little.

"Alright. I'll see you tonight," he said and I felt him lean down and kiss my forehead before I heard him leave the room and I dozed off once more.

I woke up again a few hours later with the sun shinning down onto my face. I cringed and turned away from the window. The sun had managed to find its way through the smallest gap possible in both the sky outside and my curtains. I rolled over, away from the window and groaned as I opened my eyes. I could hear a faint buzzing somewhere near my head and I grumbled before I looked up and over to my bedside table. My phone was flashing and buzzing at me impatiently and I grumbled once more before I reached out and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Aria? God! Why didn't you answer your damn phone?! I've been calling for over two hours now!" came a voice from the other end of the phone that I would know anywhere.

"Jasper? Calm down would you? I'm fine. I've just been sleeping," I said as I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"You worried me Aria. I thought that something had happened to you," he said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Jasper..." I began before pausing to sigh and rub my temples.

"I'm fine. My dad's gone off to work so you can come on over. I'll unlock the door so that you can just come on in," I said as I began to get out of bed for the first time in two days.

"Alright, Aria. I'll be there in half an hour. I need to do something first before I come over," he said and I frowned a little.

"Alright Jasper. See you soon then," I said before hanging up the phone and moving towards the door of my room.