Chapter Five

The music was already blaring loudly as Laura's brother drove us up to the house.

It was already starting to make my head hurt as I sat in the back seat with Laura in the front with her brother. I reached up and rubbed my temples being mindful of the make-up I was being forced to wear. I felt Laura jab me in the arm from where she sat and I looked up at her, shooting her a filthy look.

"Don't smudge it!" she said and I rolled my eyes at her.

"I'm not going to! Now let's get out of your brother's car before he decides to lock us in here," I said to her as I climbed out of the car, wincing as I placed my feet down on the ground.

I had managed to convince Laura to let me wear a floor length floral printed dress that was strapless. Mainly since I refused to wear anything shorter than knee length. She had reluctantly agreed and come up with my current dress which I haven't worn since the wedding I wore it to. She had agreed on a pair of kitten heeled shoes to go with the dress since the heel was just high enough to keep the hem of the dress from being trodden on or dragged along the ground.

I looked up at Laura as I heard her talking with someone and I rolled my eyes. Trust her to find someone to talk to the second that my back was turned. I gave her brother, Lucas, a hug as he walked around to my side of the car and he smiled at me.

"I'm going to go get drinks. Can you let your sister know for me?" I asked him and Lucas nodded his head.

"Sure! Doubt she'd hear me though," he said and I chuckled as I walked away.

I headed inside the house and searched for the host, needing to let them know that we were here and to find out where the drinks were. Finding Allison, who was the twin sister to Andy Broadsky and one of the hosts, I tapped her on the shoulder and she whirled around.

"Aria? Oh my God! You actually made it to a party! This deserves a celebration. What do you want to drink? I can make you my famous cookie monster drink," she gushed out as she took my hand and led me to the drinks table.

"Um...Maybe another time, Allison. I think I'll stick with soft drink and water tonight," I said, giving her an awkward smile and she pouted.

"Come on, Aria! It's a party for crying out loud. Will you just let your hair down for once?" She said before gestured to my current hairdo. "Figuratively speaking of course."

"I'm not feeling up to drinking tonight, Allison. Now drop it," I said firmly and she continued to pout at me even as I grabbed an unopened can of soft drink for myself, Laura and Lucas and walked away.

I found Lucas first and gave him his drink.

"Why don't you just hang around here, Aria. I'm sure that Laura will come and find you when she wants something," Lucas said as I went to walk away and he had placed an arm around my shoulders. I shook my head and slipped out of his grip.

"I'm better off going and finding her now, Lucas. Less chance of her bugging me that way," I said to him before giving him a smile and walking away