Chapter 12 - Different Dimitri's?

Start from the beginning

"I want to strangle you to death right now!" He yelled and I opened my mouth to say something but he yelled at me to not say anything. He closed his eyes trying to calm himself down. I could see him taking deep breaths in and out before he opened his eyes and dragged me toward the couch, making me sit down.

"Isabella, I wasn't trying to kill you. Killing you was not my intention at all. It didn't even cross my mind until you accused me of it, since you love to jump to conclusions." He said in a surprisingly calm voice. I was about to protest and say I didn't love to jump to conclusions, but one glare from him shut me up completely. I instead let him continue. "I didn't mean to cause you any pain. I was just trying to heal your hands. And it worked." He said lifting both my hands up in front of us. I looked down shocked to see my hands completely healed. There was no trace of damage left at all to be seen. "I would have warned you about the pain if I knew it was going to hurt. I've healed demons before and it doesn't ever hurt them. But I guess it's different for humans. Humans are probably sensitive to demonic powers." He said looking me straight in the eyes. "If I wanted to kill you, I would have done so, so many times before. I could have done it when you passed out. Or when you disobeyed me so many times before. You broke our deal many times because you seem to like to disobey my orders, all the fricken time. But not once did I attempt to kill you. Threaten you, yes. But killing you, I didn't, when I should have. When I had the right to. So yes, you are an ungrateful bitch. I'm the one who's kept our deal, not you. So you have no right to be angry at me."

Just then, Mary cautiously approached us with the ice cream sundaes. "I don't want to eat ice cream anymore, Mary. Return my bowl back to the kitchen. Let her eat her ice cream if she still wants to eat some." He said before turning away from both of us and walking away.

Mary glared at me once he left. "He was right. You are an ungrateful bitch. He chose you out of everyone to eat ice cream with and you decided to ruin it. Dimitri never willingly spends time with anyone other than Devon, let alone a girl. A human girl like you. In fact he's not very nice to anyone. He's rude to almost everyone. But he treats you better than anyone other than Devon." She said and I was kind of surprised. I was treated better than pretty much everyone? I could have burst out laughing at that. In fact I would have if I didn't feel so guilty for dropping to conclusions so fast. I shouldn't have felt guilty. Dimitri didn't deserve my guilt. But I felt it anyway. Because he was right. I did disobey him many times. I was the one who broke our deal more than once. But he didn't kill me, like our deal said he would.

Mary started to walk away with Dimitri's bowl of ice cream when I stopped her. "Give me the bowl." I said holding my hand out.

"Why?" She asked curiously.

"I'm going to try and get Dimitri to eat it with me." I said and she handed the bowl over to me, muttering a good luck. I thanked her and walked towards the stairs that would take me to the top floor where Dimitri's bedroom was located.

I reached his room in a few minutes and hesitated outside his closed door. Should I do this?

I called out his name before I changed my mind. I got no reply but I knew he was in there. I could hear noises. "Dimitri." I called a little louder. He didn't respond again. I called one more time before setting the bowls of ice cream down on the ground. I then grabbed the door handle and opened it.

My eyes widened in surprise and annoyance. Dimitri had a half naked Shauna pressed up against the wall. The two were heatedly making out, causing me to look away in anger. I was really pissed at seeing the bitch with Dimitri. I felt great envy at seeing Dimitri feeling Shauna up, at watching his perfectly shaped lips molded against hers. It reminded me of my dreams and the way Dimitri had kissed me in them.

I shook those thoughts away from my head and walked out of his room to grab his bowl of ice cream. I then walked back into his room. Dimitri and Shauna still went at each other, not seeming to know I was there. I raised the bowl up above my head, before flinging it as hard as I could. The bowl of ice cream flew high up into the air with force and hit the wall beside Dimitri and Shauna. The loud crashing noise caused Dimitri to pull away from Shauna and to turn around to look at me. "Enjoy your ice cream." I said sweetly before walking out of his room, not bothering to pick up my bowl of ice cream from the ground.

I felt like crying but I didn't get why. I felt envious of Shauna but I didn't get that either. I don't like Dimitri. I don't have any feelings for him. So why did I feel so upset and annoyed at seeing Dimitri with Shauna?

Maybe it was because of the dream Dimitri. I liked the dream Dimitri a lot. He was perfect.

But the real Dimitri was different. He was way different. Dream Dimitri liked me, maybe even loved me. But the real Dimitri didn't. The dream Dimitri saved me from the Demon King. The real Dimitri was the Demon King himself. They were both completely different. So why did I care?