.t.h.i.r.t.e.e.n.

Começar do início

My jaw must have hit the beautiful green grass.

I didn't think they were allowed to talk about their Alpha like that.

"Is there something in particular you're waiting for?" Sophie hollered over her shoulder, not even glancing back at me. 

I jogged to catch up to her. The field we were walking through appeared to be some sort of training area. Wolves of almost all ages were in groups practicing different exercises and fighting drills. I recognized a few of the drills from working on them with Ryker, Sam, Krissy and Lindsey. Other than that, it was all intense, skill sets I hadn't seen before. As we passed by the variating sizes of groups, I noticed that all the wolves were staring.

At me.

Sophie seemed to notice this as well and spoke up.

"Y'all better hope that you can peel your eyes off of her, you wouldn't want me to have to do it for you. Get back to your training." Sophie spoke only with authority. It was then that I realized she must have played a powerful role in the pack. For the most part they went back to what they were doing but a few of them didn't. "I'm sorry did that sound like 'If it may pleaseth you'?" She snapped. 

Not a single set of eyes were on me.  

I liked this girl. So far.

"Sorry about that, maybe the training should be more than physical." Sophie huffed, strutting on. 

I walked alongside her.

"Obviously that was where we do all major outdoor training. Mostly combat." She told me. 

I nodded.

"Do you do much of that? Training I mean." Sophie asked, genuinely curious.

I nodded again.

"I don't mean to be rude, at the moment anyways, but you don't seem like the quiet type." Sophie remarked.

She deserved an answer, so I gave her one.

"To be honest, I'm a little overwhelmed right now. I'm still reveling in the fact that I'm outside. Without shackles." I said lightly.

"Well, Daniella, that's why I am accompanying you. Think of me as your shackles, except less ouchy and more spontinaity." Sophie laughed lightly, but I sensed the seriousness in her tone.

She was letting me know that although I had a level of freedom, she was there to make sure I didn't take advantage of it. I could repect that.

We continued walking, the field ended and a marvelous garden began. A pathway formed by willowy trees, and blooming shrubs led to a beautiful little clearing. A small creek rushing thorugh it.

The short grass that layered the field was nothing in comparison to the wild grass of different greens that surrounded the area now.

Birds chirped and fluttered through the air while butterflies danced delicately through the grass. The rushing sound of the water mixed with the light wind that moved the plants filled my ears. Both the water and flowers mixed together to create a scent of pure natural beauty.

It wasn't the same overwhelming feeling I had felt moments ago. No, this was much different. I felt both at peace with myself as well as with my situation. It was truly blissful.

"Bradley likes it here too." Sophie's voice broke through to me.

She had taken a seat in the soft grass.

I wondered why she felt the need to tell me that.

It was quite possible that Sophie and Bradley were together. Sophie was immensely beautiful, and Bradley, well Bradley was, mouthwatering. I could see it.

It actually made sense. It would explain why Bradley was so upset when he found out I was his mate. It would also explain why she was here with me now. He must have wanted a girl to escort me so I was more comfortable and who other then his trusty his girlfriend. Lastly, where else would her position of power come from? Every wolf listened to her when she spoke, that kind of power came with someone who is particularly close with the Alpha.

I got a familiar stabbing sensation in my gut thinking about him and her. Together.

"Sit, relax." Sophie offered with a small smile.

I hesitated before crouching, and then sitting.

"So, how old are you?" Sophie asked, picking at the grass.

"17, you?" I asked, wondering.

"18." She replied.

That's it? Huh.

"How many people are in your family?" She questioned.

I wasn't comfortable with her persistent curiosity.

"Fi—four." I corrected myself last minute.

"Are you sure?" Sophie laughed.

For some reason it hit the wrong nerve inside of  me.

I stood up.

"No. Let me correct myself properly this time. There was five people in my family. Wanna know why I said was? I bet you do you curious flippin dog. Your Alpha or lover, whatever he is! Killed my brother. Is there any more personal questions you'd like to ask me?" I loudly questioned.

"No." Sophie said softly.

"Good." I said, turning to walk back the way we came.

I'd known I'd pay for the outburst down the road but at this point I couldn't care less. I just couldn't shake the thught of Sophie and Bradley together! It made my blood boil.

I furiously marched back through the once beautiful pathway, now all I saw it as was distractions from the real objective at hand.

As I continued, determined, through the training field, something— more like someone caught my eye and stopped me in my tracks.

I walked quickly staright towards him, his bare back facing me. He was teaching a group of 7 guys my age proper footing for hand combat.

He swiveled towards me as he noticed that every guy in the group he had been trying to teach was looking up, staring at me, growling lowly.

"Hey—" I didn't give a smiling Bradley a chance to finish.

"I don't know what the hell you're planning but whatever it is, stop! I don't need a bloody babysitter, or a fake friend like I'm some sort of incappable being! Especially when that person is your girlfriend. I'd rather have the shackles!" I yelled, angry tears forming in my eyes.

"What? Girlfriend? Danny—" Bradley started, confused.

"Save it. Don't worry, I'm going back to my room." I finished.

I stalked away once again.

If I thought eyes were on me as I walked through the field the first time, were they ever on me as I walked through it the second time, after yelling at their Alpha infront of them all.

I was gonna pay big time for this one.