.s.e.v.e.n.

//Edited//

I now understood why people in the movies always asked 'Where am I?' After blacking out. I truly didn't know where I was. It didn't help that I couldn't feel any part of my body either. Not even a wiggle of my fingers was manageable. I struggled, trying to feel something, anything.

Okay, relax Daniella. What happened? 

Kristel.

Okay, I'm getting somewhere.

Kristel was gone, I left Nan's. The alley, Bradley!

Bradley, before I passed out, he called me his mate.

Flashback

"Dad, why do wolves call their girlfriends their um, mates?" My 14 year old self asked after my first council meeting held annually between Vamps and the Wolves.

"Mates or soulmates are— to wolves,  is the eternal bonding of two halves that are actually created for each other by a higher power they worship, the Moon Goddess." My father answered.

End flashback

It couldn't be. I refused to believe something so horrid.

I wasn't even a wolf! So it was impossible. Everyone knows that you have to be wolf to have a mate, right?

Oh god, I don't know.

What if he was my mate?

Absolutely not. I pushed the thought from my mind, I needed to focus on.. waking up? Was I asleep? Was I dead?

I focused on my body, what it felt like to sit up, or open my eyes, yeah, open my eyes. I needed to start small.

After numerous attempts to open my eyes, they slowly started to flutter open, a last.

I was in a small, dark, concrete room, walls, floors all concrete. Like some sort of cellar. There was a small heap in the left corner of the room, I couldn't make out what it was, my superb vision wasn't working, I seemed to have just average human sight.

I had yet to move any of my body, I tried moving my neck to browse more of the room. I just couldn't.

"Mrmph," the heap, sounded throughout the room.

"W-who's there?" My scratchy voice, questioned into the dark.

I hadn't known I could talk, my curiosity and fright had gave me that push I needed to barely get those few words out.

"Danny?" A familiar voice, barely whispered, obviously just as parched as I was.

"Cookie?" I ruffly grumbled.

"Danny! What are you doing here?" Kristel asked, in disbelief.

"Bradley," was all I had to say.

"Just fricken great! Now who's gonna rescue me?" Kristel groaned, starting to regain her voice.

"I'm not dead yet." I smirked. "What's been going on?" I spoke up, changing the subject.

First I got her kidnapped, then I failed to rescue her, like she said, just fricken great.

"Well, they've only come in here a few times, always rambling about y- someone," Kristel stuttered.

"They talk about me?" I asked, picking up her mistake.

"Well.." Kristel avoided my question.

"What do they say?" I demanded, no room for questioning.