.t.h.i.r.t.e.e.n.

Bradley left shortly after I told him that I'd reconsider. I was confused as to why I'd even agreed to reconsidering. I guess it was for the part I had to play, it had to be believable. But, there was a part of me that truly wanted to stay with him and I understood it was solely just because we were mates. 

That's what you think. 

The female voice that intruded my mind once before! It was back.

I looked around the room rather crazily, he must have planted some sort of device in here!

"Um, are you okay?" Another woman's voice sounded.

I frantically started lifting up the sheets on the bed, looking under the shelves, rummaging around.

"Daniella, that's your name right? Should I come back later or.." I jumped to face the bedroom door. 

Just inside the doorway stood a tall woman, probably in her early 20's. She was dressed in a soft blue workout tank top, and grey joggers. She had perfectly tanned skin, an athletic figure and chopped chocolaty brown hair that just reached her shoulders, with incredible grey eyes to match. She was stunning. I realized it was me she was speaking to. Okay, so she accounts for the second voice I heard, where did the first one come from?

I looked up again when I noticed the girl was slowly, carefully almost, walking towards me. 

"Who are you? Why do you know my name?" I asked firmly.

She stopped inching towards me as I spoke. She stood tall once again, chin up. 

"I am Sophie G—" she started friendly, before I interrupted.

"What do you want?" I eyed her skeptically.

"I'm here to give you a tour of pack grounds—" I interrupted again.

"So you're the babysitter?" I asked, rudely.

She looked fed up with my attitude already. Kudos. "Alpha's orders." She almost spat.

She hadn't done anything to me to deserve the brute of my attitude, other than being a wolf but she couldn't help that.

"Okay." I simply nodded. It was in my best interest to learn my surroundings.

She smiled, turning and leaving the room. I followed her, the guard in the hall way was one I hadn't seen yet, he was built solidly, younger with cropped black hair. He watched me intently as I left. We walked in silence down the staircase I had escaped down once before. Although this time when we reached the bottom, there was wolves filtering both out the main entrance to outside, as well as through the multiple doors that branched off the main entrance.

I was taken aback when we went straight outside. It was the first time in days I had felt the hot sun, raw on my skin, the pleasant smell of the woods, the earth below my feet, animal heartbeats that weren't wolf. There wasn't a cloud in sight as I inhaled deeply, absorbing it all.

I was brought back to reality when Sophie's laugh broke through my utter blissfulness.

"You look like you've been deprived of the outdoors for days." She chuckled, jokingly mocking.

"I have." I said seriously, glaring.

"Are you serious?" She actually looked shocked.

I continued to just stare at her.

"What a fucking idiot. He thinks you're gonna stay here after he treats you like that? Ugh, I'm on your side for this one." Sophie argued, continuing on through a grassy field.