.t.h.r.e.e.

//Edited//

I couldn’t remember the last time I had been nervous about something.

The guy that pinned me to the outside wall was no doubt an Alpha, power radiated off of him. His six foot five frame easily towered over my five foot three frame. His dark blue eyes were gorgeous up close. They were a shade of blue I had never seen before, like midnight blue, but brighter. He had extremely long, thick eyelashes that made his eyes pop even more, if it was possible. His dusty blond hair fell into his eyes.

My skin tingled where his hands gripped my neck.

He had a strong jaw, very defined. It was layered in thin side burns, because of his lack of shaving, and a strong, slender nose that was crooked at the bridge, no doubt because it had been broken. Multiple times. He had thin pink lips, kissable even.

Wait, what? He was holding me by my throat, up against a wall, and I was thinking about kissing his lips? What the— why was I so attracted to him? Like all I wanted to do was stare at him and memorize every inch and detail about him. I could not get over his smell. My goddess, he smelt like the woods after it rained, mint also lingered in his scent.

He was a mutt for fuck sakes! It was shameful to think of him in such a way.

"Whenever you're done staring, I'd like to ask some questions, with your cooperation of course.” He smirked, pearly whites showing off.

"I was not staring." I breathed out, suddenly aware that he was cutting off my airway. "How about you l-let me go so I can b-breath?" I questioned, annoyance audible in my tone.

His eyes glazed over ever so slightly and I instantly knew he was having a conversation with the other three wolves behind us. I rolled my eyes, "Anytime now, you know, don't mind me, I don't need oxygen or anything.”  I breathed out sarcastically.

His eyes returned to my face and his grip on my neck was released. I caught myself easily, about to make a run for it.

Two pairs of hands were instantly on my arms. I looked up to see the two wolves that I had assumed were brothers, because of their similar looks. So much for running. I sighed, that's probably what he was telling them to do in the pack link.

Smart guy. 2 points, Alpha. 1 point, Danny. I gave myself one for the 'get your nose out of your ass' comment and I gave him two, one for pinning me to the wall and one for predicting, rightly, that I would run as soon as I had the chance.

I rolled my eyes, "Are you boys scared of a five foot three ‘little vampire’,” I mocked him from earlier, "You need to hold me down with two puppy dogs?" I continued, making a snippy, pouty face.

"I'd watch it, if I were you. We have the advantage here, not the other way around. Now, I suggest you answer what I have to ask, or you will not like the outcome little one." He told me, matter-of-factly, looking down at me.

He thought he could intimidate me with his size? He couldn't.

"What's the outcome? Are you gonna disobey me when I tell you to sit? Or shake a paw?" I asked, I knew I was pushing my limits way too far, but it was enjoyable watching the guy get worked up.

"No, actually, I was thinking more along the lines of arranging you to be fixed,” he smirked again.

My jaw dropped, fixing a vampire was a horrible, excruciatingly painful process. 'Fixed' in vampire terms was basically, de-fanging. You got both sets of your fangs removed, the first set that was able to detect the heart beat of prey and such, and the second set being where the venom was released. It was a vampire’s worst fear, you'd basically be a normal human being. Fangs were our protection, our hunting weapon, our tools we needed to feed. Without them, it is nearly impossible to survive, I mean it's possible, but it's very hard to adjust or to live. We can drink bagged blood, but we have to have fresh blood at least once a month or we slowly start to get very ill. It was not something any of us took lightly.

The man in front of me, the Alpha, I believe it had to be none other than the Alpha from the Silverwood pack that lived just outside of town. Brayden? No, Brandon? I wasn’t sure, all I knew was that he was a rude, cocky, asshole that thought he was better than absolutely everyone. Sure there were stories about how ruthless and cruel the man was. But that's all they were— stories. Plus, he was a dog. I wanted to say a stinky one, but to be honest with myself, he was the best smelling dog I had ever met.

The man in front of me laughed, probably because of the face I had made. You know, the whole wide eyes, jaw to the ground? That's the one. His laugh made me want to do something to make him laugh again and again, so I could hear it over and over.

Get a grip. I inwardly scorned myself.

"You might want to close your mouth, you might get flies or something." His beta laughed from behind us.

"Flies kind of like the ones that swarm all your dead packmates?” I retorted, with a big, fake, innocent smile on my face, fangs included.

He stopped laughing instantly, taking a step in my direction.

"Enough!" the Alpha roared, his tone making me want to curl up in a ball and obey him. "Now, like I was say—,” he started, but was interrupted from behind us.

"You better back the fuck away from her, Bradley, unless you don't like living and breathing.” A familiar male voice said from behind all of us.

I turned my head to look around the Alpha, Bradley.

My four closest friends were standing side by side, looking deadly.

Kristel had her light brown, shoulder length hair in miniature high pony. Her tall, slender figure was dressed from head to toe in black.

Lindsey looked nearly the same, being as they were sisters; same figures, but Lindsey had almost waist length golden blond hair. Lindsey was two years younger than Kristel though.

Sam, who was the quietest, was tall, very tall, maybe six foot three. He had shoulder length chocolate brown hair, and was muscled quite nicely. He was really just a gentle giant when you got to know him. We dated a while back, long story for another time.

Last, was Ryker, the oldest of us all, being the same age as Chance, my older brother. They were best friends, before he passed, and was like a second brother to me. He was very good looking, with medium brown hair, around six foot and secretly jacked, although I never looked at him as anything other than a brother.

All of them had red eyes, unlike me.

"Ahh, Ryker, good to see you again. No need to get your panties in a twist, me and Daniella here were just having a simple conversation.” Bradley said, turning around to face them all.

"Let me go," I spat, struggling against the two wolves that held my tiny frame in place.

"Boys, drop it, this bloodsucker could have picked up any disease from any of her victims.” Bradley said, with a smirk.

The two boys let go of me and I walked over to stand with my friends, about ten feet away.

"See, everything's fine." Bradley continued. “Now, we really must be on our way, I have duties to attend to." Bradley walked over to me, and I stood my ground when he bent down to my level.

"We're not done here, Daniella. Next time, your little friends won't be around to save you," he whispered in my ear.

With that, he pulled away from me, then faced Ryker, "Sorry, for the misunderstanding." Bradley stuck his hand out for Ryker to shake and Ryker just glared.

"Alright, alright. Jeez, what's up with vamps and their attitudes,” he laughed, turning away.

He was about twenty feet away, when I called to him, “Oh, and by the way, any 'disease' I could have picked up, only would have come from one of your stinky, unsanitary, mutts that have had the privilege of meeting me.” I said, with a smirk of my own.

He looked surprised I had dared to continue to insult him. He finally decided he didn't know what to say to that and walked away down the alley. I watched as his group followed him, and they all turned the corner onto Main Street.

I turned to my group of friends with a smile on my face, “Thank you guys," I cheered.

They all stood glaring at me. "What the hell were you thinking, taking on four grown male werewolves?! You realize that was the Alpha, beta, delta and gamma, right?! Are you stupid? You should have waited for us to get here! What would have happened if we all couldn't show up? I'm not impressed," Ryker yelled, "At all." he continued.

I put on an undeniably cute frown-face, “But, you're the best, I knew you'd come for me, always.” I told him.

“Obviously, I'm the best,” he said cockily. "But you're still stupid for doing that, brave, but stupid." He smiled and hugged me. "Now, I'm hungry, let's go eat.” He smiled, ruffling my hair like I was five.

“Yeees." Kristel agreed.

"Finally!" Lindsey said, exasperated.

Sam just nodded. It was expected, he didn't talk much.

I smiled at my group of friends, thankful for every one of them and their different, unique personalities. We all turned down the alley to go get a bite to eat. But all that was on my mind was,

Him.

I couldn’t shake the way he left me feeling. Or the way I felt when he was near, like I was whole?

I don't know how he had this strange affect on me, but he did.