Chapter 23: Confession

Start from the beginning

Y/N who had been looking at her hands, snapped her head up at his words.

"You really did it..." Y/N whispered, marvelling at Ciel, "but Ciel, what about your reputation-"

"That isn't a priority, Y/N," he replied in an instant, looking into the girl's eyes, "I want to ask you..."

Y/N knew exactly what was coming, the whole reason why this whole situation had begun in the first place. She subconsciously held her breath as she waited for Ciel to continue with his sentence.

"Do you love me Y/N?" He gently picked up both of her hands before kneeling down, holding them close to his chest.

"Isn't this where I told you it depended on whether you loved me...?"

A small smile appeared on his face as he looked up at Y/N, grazing his lips delicately on Y/N's hand, causing her heart rate to increase its speed, "Of course I do. I care so deeply for you Y/N that there aren't even words to describe it enough."

Y/N felt her cheeks blush at the contact and her stomach flip as he muttered the words against her hand, his breath tickling her skin.

"Ever since the first day I met you, knowing you as the Queen's Lynx, I instantly became interested to you, your mysteriousness," he continued, gently putting her hands down on her lap, leaning forwards, closer to Y/N's flushed face, causing it to redden even more, "I was so intrigued and obsessed with putting your secrets together piece by piece that the more I found out about you, the more I found myself to be attracted to you. Not to mention your tremendous beauty, you do not need jewellery to make you any more beautiful as you are a diamond in itself- precious, alluring, yet strong and stubborn. For goodness sake, whenever I see you with Sebastian, or Arthur or anyone else, I feel the envy just consume me- I want to be the one comforting you, I want to be the one making you feel happy, I want to be the one for you. All those little moments we had together, I couldn't stop thinking about them, and only recently did I realise that all my doubts and worries about my reputation and business was just me being a selfish fool. They held me back all this time. I don't even know if you're just messing with my head, or if you just pity me, but I don't care. Because I'm going to give my all to you Y/N, no matter what."

Y/N felt her heart pounding in nervousness, yet excitement.
Ciel had all of these feelings kept inside... All of these feelings...

For her.

Y/N gulped before standing up to face Ciel, their faces still only centimetres apart.

"Ciel," she began, "I... I honestly don't know what to say..."

"So... Do you love me Y/N?"

Y/N could see the fear of rejection in Ciel's usually stern looking eye, his face very slowly forming into a worried frown.

"I do Ciel," Y/N tenderly lay a hand on his cheek, caressing it lovingly, "I do."

Ciel couldn't help but release a grin, a genuine grin of relief, happiness, and most of all, love. At that moment, he knew that all his doubts and worries would not matter, as long as she loved him, everything was okay. He could feel his heavy mind lighten as Saarath was washed away into the abyss of nothing.

"You- you love me?"

"I already said I do twice now Ciel," Y/N giggled quietly, lifting her spare hand up to place upon her mouth, "you're so charming- oh!"