Chapter 23

Transcendence Chapter 23

'Elissa's death'

(Tristan)

Isolde ran to the Academy. A lot of dead vampires and wolves are on the academy grounds.

"It is over my friends" She yells

The hybrid is no more.

Her vampires and werewolves begin clapping.

She took the remainder of the live vampires and werewolves. Leaving the school grounds. Vick began tearing up when she heard about my death. Lucius dropped to her knees and my mother cried in Alaric's arms.

Gertrude gets up from the ground and leaves the school before she was found by my mother again.

Tristan burst through the gates with my body and Alex by his side.

"She has the dagger and the book," Alex says to Lucius while Tristan tries to find somewhere to lay my body on.

Everyone followed Tristan into the basement where there was a stone bed. He laid my body there.

"Kate you have to find some spell or whatever to bring her back." Alex tries to do chest compressions to save her life, but nothing is working. Kate moves Alex away from Elissa to try a revival spell from her book. A few seconds later she stops and tears fill her eyes. She shakes her head. I snatch her book and look for spells myself. Kate glances at Lucius who's frozen in space.

"Tristan" Kate raises her voice. "Elissa was impaled with the dagger, we don't know if she'll ever come back."

"No! we have to do something, anything. For God's sake Lucius she's your family. HELP ME BRING HER BACK! " I yelled.

Lucius stands in the corner of the room just staring at her body. No emotions. No reaction. He looks as if he failed. I listen deeply to hear a heartbeat but there's almost none. She's truly gone.

I started breaking everything I could find. It helped me deal with my rage. Claire walks over to me to comfort me like it is supposed to help. "Screw this," I say. I left the scene to get a grip and face reality. Screaming on the rooftop of the school.

Day 2

Kate used her magic to see if Elissa can recover from the dagger. It was definite. The dagger took her life. Elissa had no body response. I bet if Isolde were here she would be laughing over my shoulders.

Day 3

Everyone who went to the Academy. Students and teachers visited to say goodbye to their savior. They dressed her body in a red dress for the viewing. I haven't seen her body since Isolde killed her. I drank pints and pints of blood to not think about it. Making myself drunk like never before.

Day 4

Alex said his goodbyes to Elissa. He hardly knew her but I can tell he respected her and what she lived for. He wanted to stay at the academy hoping to help Lucius and Kate find Isolde. Claire, Alaric, and his pack left. Claire couldn't stay at that school one more second knowing Elissa was dead and her body was there. Khunyai and his pack probably heard from now. Elissa is dead.

Day 5

Not a day goes by where I haven't thought about suicide, leaving the academy, or both. Before I made my decision to leave, I sobered up to see Elissa one last time. I am not hurt I feel like a part of me is missing. That part of me will always be faded without Elissa alive.

I walk into the basement where Elissa's body is. Lights glimmering from the ceiling. Candles lit near her stone bed.

I sat next to her on the stone bed. Looking at her face.

"I was an only child and never had any brothers or sisters, I'm 20 I know you asked me this before and I didn't give you an answer. I was just being an ass. I thought if you knew about me it would let you in. I don't let people in. I didn't want to feel vulnerable around you or anyone else so I shut them out. My last name was my mother's maiden name. I went by that name so I wouldn't feel ashamed of my father's mark. My last name is Lightwood. (Tristan Lightwood)."I smile a little bit then get on to my point. 

Before I met you I guess people would called me a mess or selfish. I didn't care. I never played by anyone's rules. I hated everything and kept to myself. But then you show up and change everything. At first I thought I hated you,I envied you, and I thought it was because you were different, strong, and capable of many great things. You gave me something I have never felt in a long time. I didn't want to feel that way. So yes I can be inhumane, stubborn, aggressive, and emotionless sometimes but that didn't stop me from meaning something to you. You got to understand by you letting me in you tried to make me a better person and I felt like I didn't deserve that. Then again I didn't care because you mean everything to me. I've never said this to you before but I'm saying it now. I may not be something to anyone but I would like it if I could mean something to you."

I hold on to her hand. Putting our palms together. My hand lights up with a bright light and her hand turns a bright blue color shining.

"So don't worry. You don't have to worry anymore, you sleep as long as you need to because you have friends and family who are watching over you and the world is waiting on you. We need you, I need you."

I whispered 8 simple letters and 3 words in her ear. "I'm sorry I couldn't be what you wanted."

After my little moment, I look at her body and then leave the Academy.

I ran to the place I met Isolde before. George Mount road. She waited for me there. Even if Elissa were alive she would've killed anyone to get me back.

"Welcome to see you again Tris, I was kind of shocked when you called me to meet you here considering I killed your girl," She says with a smug look on her face.  In the end, I knew it would all come down to this. We lost and Isolde won. 

"Don't push it, Isolde" Isolde moves an inch closer. I'll make a deal with you, I will go with you, you can have me by your side, but you have to stay away from the academy and stay away from Lucius, Kate, and all of Elissa's friends. Stay away from all of them"

"You know how this will play out. Unfortunately, they will die if they disturb my plans" Isolde says while I look at her dead in the face.

"You will leave them alone because I swear Isolde..." I grit my teeth.

"You must really care for them. I admire that.  You have my word, I won't harm them if they don't interfere. To think I had to force you to come with me. You really haven't changed that much have you? I was getting worried you were getting soft" Isolde says.

We both shake on it and get in her car. The deal is done. If I couldn't save Elissa the least I could do was save her family and friends. 

Goodbye.

---

Day 5, 3 hours, 56 minutes, and 39 seconds after Tristan's departure

I remember everything. The day you stood by my side and had my back. And the day we became family. All those memories to remember when I'm gone.

They say that your true fate lies within you. You make your own destiny and it makes you strong. I knew him and still believed I could change the bad things in his life. It was selfish to him and settling for me.  - Elissa

                                                                                      **

Elissa's body still lays on the stone bed. They are ready to let her body stay after 5 days of waiting for a response. Locking the doors to her tomb at the Academy. It has been tough that the prophecy everyone has ever talked about was gone.

As being reminded of her days being alive she took a glimpse of her future. Not death but the life she would've had.. She got that vision in her mind from Tristan. Linked by the love they share.

But one day you realize was it worth it? To sacrifice for love and family?

Elissa's eyes open up electric blue. She awoke from her slumber. Waiting for the world to exhale again. Soon they will know her name.

Indeed she was saved.