Chapter 2

Transcendence • Chapter 2

We have been running for a while. I could say that I am out of breath but I am not. But running away from them is going to make them think he have something to hide. Tristan and I could face them. But I couldn't risk him getting bitten by them. Even if I could heal him.

All I could think about in my head was my mother. It might seem random knowing she is dead and I never met her but I heard her in my head. My eyes turned electric blue when She said "Amara Stop".

As I heard the voice in my head telling me to stop my eyes turn back into their normal shade of color. If I hadn't stopped running I would have fallen of the edge of the forest. There was water located by the edge. There was a dead end and that meant they were going to get to us.

"Any ideas? Because they're going to kill us and if we don't think of an plan" He asks. He is eager to escape them. Those werewolves are probably near us by now.

"Umm" I say to him. I run away from the edge of the forest. Running back to the forest. Then I came back running. Every time I feel an adrenaline rush my eyes turn an electric blue color.

Tristan assumed we were running to back to the forest to find a safer area from the wolves. He noticed I came back with full on speed jumping into the water. It was about a 12 feet dive. I smiled heavily.

Tristan searches for my body to come a float while being on top of the Forest.

"Elissa" he yells

I come up for air and Tristan is calm. He doesn't yell for me anymore.

He looks down upon me and I smile at him. The corners of his lips looked like he was smirking at me.

The werewolves were behind Tristan. I can see one werewolf trying to bite him.

"Tristan BEHIND You"

He turns around to the person that is behind him. His neck gets snapped and the werewolves from above looked at me in the water. One jumped to pull me out of the water.

"Go Under Amara" the voice in my head tells me to do. I go under the water and stay there.

****************************************

"Wake up Elissa" Tristan says

l wake up to the sweet sound of his voice. I cough up the water inside my airway. I could taste the dirt from the water in my mouth.

I was sitting next to Tristan by a tree. He was tied up with a chain. With some kind of liquid that makes him burn every time he tries to break free.

"Where are we?" I ask

"We are on the werewolves sacred area. We crossed their land".

"What pack is this?" I ask

"The damn Cameros Pack" he says

One of the werewolves called upon the leader. Looks like we might be punished for trespassing on their ground.

For a bunch of wolves who live in the forest most of the time they looked civilized. But they weren't welcoming.

Everyone bows to their leader when he comes out of his large tent.

"Chief Kunyai" One says.

"Cheif Kunyai" Tristan asks me

"My grandfather" I told him.

He walks toward me. Facing me with no words. I turn away so he wont have to see me.One of his men speaks for him

"They were trespassing werewolf ground"

"You look me in the eye when I talk you"He says to me.

I turn to his face. He wants to look at me in the eyes.

"Amara (he pauses) I told you to stay away from us werewolves He says. There is a crease in his forehead and that tells me that he's angry.

"I go by Elissa and we would to leave you will never see my face again if you do" I told him.

He told one of his co leaders to break Tristan out of the chains and to let us go. I stood up from sitting by the tree and walked closer to Kunyai.

"Hey" I yell. After everything he is still my grandfather.

"Jack is dead you saw me kill him. The witches and Jacks vampires are gone"

One of the werewolves grabbed my arm. When I grabbed my grandfathers arm. Tristan ran up behind the werewolf and grabbed his arm.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" Tristan says.

"Markos stop" Kunyai demands.

"Come with me" Kunyai says to me. He is distant and has his back turned away from me.

"Don't go Elissa I don't trust him" Tristan grabbed my arm and I sensed himself being worried.

"He won't hurt me after everything he hasn't tried to kill me or you" I told him. He looked into my eyes and he felt safe. He knew I would be alright. But I thought it would be bad if I left Tristan alone with the werewolves.

In The Forest

I walked with my grandfather in the woods. He stops and turns to me.

"What do you see?" He asks again

"I see a bunch of trees and possibly a squirrel" that was me trying to be hysterical. Then he looked at me with a straight face.

"I see nature and grass. And the sun shining down on the grass."

"That's what you see because what I see is nature trying to do it's job. Us people have order. I can tolerate witches vampires and maybe sometimes hunters. But Hybrids are the start to something new. As much as I would like to be your grandfather and love you as if you were my own but my people come first. And we are different.

"You can try. I lost my mother your daughter. She was probably a peaceful and beautiful and tough but I will never know that because people talk about her as if she is a legend when really she sacrificed herself for her 'hope' or 'joy' to save us all. I am not a hybrid first. I am Elissa Morgan my mother and fathers daughter. I'm not evil and I would like it if you would understand that." I told him. His eyes are blank. He had nothing to say. I just left leaving him to think.

"I am sorry for overstaying my hospitality I won't ever cross over your grounds ever again... Gramps" I walked away with style. I could never have done what I did. Because of me I saved lives. I saved people from what they called a monster. Jack.

While walking back to the Cameros' pack grounds I bumped into this buff man.

"I'm sorry but you were in my way"

"Sorry about that ?" I looked at the man in his eyes. They were a greenish brownish tint. His skin was tan like the other people here in the Cameros pack. His muscles were shown through his shirt. I looked at them and lifted one eye up while the other was focusing on his ridiculously hot abs. His friends behind him were waiting for him and watching me talk to him.

" I'm Alex Forbes" He smiled afterwards introducing himself.

"Elissa... but you knew that considering"

"Yes I knew that considering... But I don't care about their opinions. I'm my own man. I meet who I meet and I like who like."

"Its working fine for you now wait until later. And what do you like?" I asked.

"Right now, the view. See you around Elissa"

"Alex" My last words to him were

He talks off with his werewolf buddies to go have fun in the lake on the other side of the forest. From right then and there my heart was racing and it my mind was set on him.
I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing the last of Alex.