Chapter 3-Do You Feel The Way I Do?

The Doctor and Clara were staying at a hotel for the time being, as the TARDIS had flown herself away for a while after Clara had aimed a particularly nasty insult at her, leaving them stranded on an alien-yet civilized-planet. Clara and the Doctor had been getting increasingly close ever since the Christmas with the dream crabs, but they weren't quite close enough to share a bed, or even a room. So the pajama-clad Doctor was stuck raising a trembling fist to knock on Clara's door. Before he could bring his fist down, the door opened and Clara emerged, wearing a soft blue nightie. She was walking so fast out the door she nearly ran into him. "Doctor!" she said, blushing slightly. "Hello..."
"Clara, are you alright?" he asked, now crimson. "You seem a bit...rushed."
"No, no, I'm fine." Clara said, regaining her composure. "You look so adorable." She laughed, pointing at his pajamas. The Doctor blushed even more furiously at this. "I have to talk to you, Clara."
Clara looked mildly surprised but stood aside for the Doctor to enter. "Come in."
The Doctor came into the room and sat down on a rocking chair in the corner. Clara sat on the corner of her bed. "What is it?" she said with a kind smile.
The Doctor was close enough to take Clara's hand, and he did so. She took his other hand in hers.
"Clara..." started the Doctor. "I..."
Clara looked at him with concern. "Are you alright?"
The Doctor nodded heavily. "Let me talk, Clara Oswald."
She took in his voice saying her name, memorizing it. The look in her eyes pleaded with him to continue and he looked back at her, his eyes searching hers as he stroked her hand.
"I..." he was almost whispering now. "Do you...?"
He was interrupted by a wheezing noise in the corner of of the room. The Doctor turned his head abruptly towards the noise, dropping her hands. The TARDIS had finally returned. The Doctor rubbed his forehead as he stood up. Clara stood up with him and cleared her throat.
"Well, there you are!" exclaimed the Doctor. "I had been wondering when you were going to come back."
Clara glanced at the Doctor nervously but decided not to ask about what was going to say. Although the TARDIS was back, they both stayed in the same warm bed in the hotel for the night.