(13) Stay Omega Stay

Start from the beginning

"W-what's happening to me?" I stuttered, my voice weak and shaky.

"I knew marking you was risky." He muttered, brushing a stray chunk of hair out of my face. "It's my fault now that you're in heat."

I remember what Oliver had taught me about being in heat. He got very uncomfortable as he discussed what happened to the female during it. It all summed up that the female would be hot and in pain until the male eased her of it. That meant completing the mating bond. However he had also told me it was to ensure that the pack would have an heir as the next alpha. Still, both seemed scary to me.

"I'm scared." I shivered, tears welling up in my eyes.

He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth and sighed deeply. "Don't be."

"How long?" He knew what I was asking, and his sigh proved it all. He had no clue.

"A heat can last from a few hours to a few days, and seeing you in pain may not be in our best interests."

"Will you have to leave?" My eyes widened, completely refusing to have him away from me.

"I know you're not ready, and I don't want to pressure you." Lucian's eyebrows scrunched together sadly. "I have to."

After taking me out of the tub and resting me on our bed, Lucian explained to me that he couldn't watch me in pain anymore and left the room. Not even five minutes later did all the girls I've grown close to come in. My mother sat beside me, her hand racking through my hair as I laid on the bed. She looked up at my two aunts, my grandmother, Lilura, London,Savannah, and Jackie.

They would take turns getting a cold wet rag, none of them speaking as they took care of me. My mother refused to leave, her fingers staying entwined in my short copper hair. Her violet eyes looked sad, but it seemed as if excitement sparkled around her eyes. Emilia, my grandma, sat on the side where Lucian usually slept, and smiled kindly at me when we locked eyes.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked my mom, and her eyes immediately snapped to look into mine.

"It's been a long time since I've mothered you; taken care of you. This may be a painful thing to watch and experience, but I will always love taking care of my baby." She leaned forward and kissed my forehead before kindly accepting another cold rag from Savannah.

She swapped the one that had already grown hot with the new one and handed it to Lilura. Just by the exchange I could see the tension both of them had while interacting with each other. While my mom had grown to hate witches, Lilura was helping me, and was trying to be grateful. Sage and Paige sat quietly on the couch across the room, quietly discussing a topic about witches and wolves being mates.

Lilura and Oliver had become almost inseparable, minus the event right now. Sage hadn't been the first to notice it, and she was confused why a witch would act like a female wolf would towards their mates. A human didn't feel as strong as a wolf did, and witches were a mystery to all of us. Maybe this was the start of a new age, witches and wolves being paired together.

However, Paige and Sage were discussing the child they could have. Paige concluded that the wolf gene is dominant and Lilura would only give birth to wolves. Sage begged to differ, saying paired with a human, a witch would usually be born if there was any trace of an ancestor witch. Both being dominant compared to a human, Sage concluded that the baby would have characteristics of both a witch and a wolf.