CHAPTER EIGHT (Unedited)

CHAPTER EIGHT

PRIMROSE

The ride home took longer than expected. Katie thought it wise to grab a few items from the grocery store. Afterwards, she got gas at the corner store.

Everything looked normal. People were coming and going as if nothing ever happened. I closed my eyes recalling Roman. He knew so much about me in a short amount of time. The way he looked at me. The way he touched me. The way he kissed me. We talked on the phone for hours every night.

My heart felt torn. I sighed knowing I would never see him again.

Katie looked at me apologetically as she got out the car to pay and pump the gas.

"I promise I won't be long. You know how I am about getting gas. I'm literally driving on fumes."

"It's fine. I'll be fine. You go. Just go," I demanded.

I wasn't fine, but I had to get through this. Life goes on, right?

"Are you sure you're fine? I so feel terrible."

I smiled to cover the dread that coursed my veins as I remembered I wasn't exactly safe.

"Bringing you here was a mistake. I'm so sorry," she apologized once more."I'll be right back."

She rushed off to pay for the gas. I watched as the door closed behind her and begged myself not to have a panic attack.

I attempted to think positively. But my mind wouldn't let me. They could be out there looking for me.

I decided Katie was taking to long and took matters into my own hands.I got out of the car and pumped the trunk to get the bag with my cellphone.

I rummaged through the hospital bag until I came across my life line."Yes," I whispered as I shut the trunk. I was all smiles getting back into the car until someone scared the living daylights out of me.

"Hey!Let me go," I screamed, squirmed, hit and scratched to get away from the grip of a very strong man.

"Calm down, Bonnie!" a man begged as I continued to claw his eyeballs out. "I work for Tyrese!"

I stopped for a minute and looked at a man that looked a whole lot older and scarier than Tyrese.

"Oh,yeah. Well I hate to break it to you, but your boss is dead. Roman too."

"Look.I don't have a lot of time to explain. Preferably, I don't even want to be seen with you, but Tyrese has a message for you.

"But I saw him die. I saw Roman die."

"Roman is dead. Tyrese is very much alive. He's in the hospital recovering."

Mind blown I just stared at the man like he'd lost his mind.

"He doesn't want you to be afraid. He wants you to know that they are taken care of."

"They,"I inquired confused.

"Sleep well tonight, Bonnie. Roman's death has been avenged."

"They're dead."

He nodded, which gave me more information than I wanted to know.

"Tyrese is alive," I stated attempting to convince myself that it's true.

"Yes.Everything is alright now."

I stood there still trying to comprehend what had actually happened.

"I have to go now. If you ever need anything, I'm always in the shadows."

And just like that, he was gone.