2 | Fools Rush In

Hey everyone! This is my true first Wattpad creation! I hope you enjoy it! I'm busy often but I'll try and write when I have any weekends or spare time! Please VOTE and COMMENT as much as possible on each chapter to help spread the word! Thank you so much

I walk out of the bathrooms, still in tears, and still have my grandma in my memory. I grab a paper towel...and a few minutes later roll down my sleeves to my long-sleeve camo shirt, known as a good $3 bucks at Goodwill.

Maybe I just need a nap, I think to myself. I grab my favorite pillow, a rose quilt, and my only and favorite Build-A-Bear that I named Scruffy in the 4th grade. I lie down, and try to think of nothing or happy thoughts.

I wake up two hours later, and the room is much darker than before. What time was I supposed to go to Riley's? I check the wall clock, and it says 6:37. Whatever time it is, I think I'm late!

I grab my favorite tan bomber jacket; I adore it like the rich kids adore their Jimmy Choo bags and their yachts. I look in the hallway mirror. I have my bomber jacket, long-sleeve camo shirt, ripped jeans (not on purpose), my nearly-falling-tan-fake-leather-$5-at-the-annual-sale-at-Clare's bag, and my black knee-high converse. I dig into my utterly horrible mother's closet and dig out a light grey thin beanie and put it on. I'll keep me warm at least. Maybe it'll also keep my frozen heart warm.

I shove my keys into my bag as well my cell, and slam the door as I run down the steps. As soon as I get down, it's sprint time. I sprint through the lobby, and not to mention Mrs. Samosa's shrieks behind me. I run down my street for a few minutes and then grab onto the light post and swing around the busy corner, bumping into hundreds of intellectuals.

"You little b-" is all I hear from an unfamiliar face before I see Riley's building in the distance. I think to my self that I probably shouldn't use the fire escape shortcut since I don't see Riley in her beautiful room. I run even faster and swing around yet another light post. Finally, the door to Riley's building.

I buzz in, "the awesome and amazing Maaaayaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaartttt!", as in that moment (moment meaning after my nap and until I saw him) I completely forgot that Joshua Matthews might be there, hearing my strange complexion of words. Hey, they always say be yourself anyways? Then again, nobody really believes in that crap.

I hear the warm, "come on up, Maya," and I open the door and start running up the stairs, and reach apartment number 26. I take a deep breath in and a deep breath out, and open the door.

"Maaaaayaaaaaa Haaaaaart," I sing with no complete control, just making a fool of myself as I always do with the Matthews. And then I see him, Joshua Matthews. Wow. Haven't seen this boy much even if he's been living with the Matthews and going to our school for senior year, and he has sure gotten much much hotter.

We stare into each others eyes. No words. It's like we have never met before. His eyes look away for a second, hesitating, and meet mine again. Apparently Riley isn't paying attention, or would have given me the look and the tap. He smiles. I smile. It's like we are in our own universe. His words from last year echo in my head. Boy, you grew up gorgeous. Echo. Echo. Echo. Stare. Stare. Stare.

The moment I hear Riley's voice, I snap away, and so does he. "Hey guyssssss, sorry I went to the bathroom and then got dressed, you like it?" Riley was wearing an adorable grey pullover with pink and purple floral decorations, a light wash of thick and warm jeans, and her light brown warm and fuzzy Bearpaws. She also put down her pink puffer jacket, and her gray llama fur hat and scarf. "Maya, you're going to be freezing! Let's get you something else to put on!"

"Talk to you later, Joshua," I say, and he winks at me as I look back. Wow, am I really this lucky? But maybe he's just trying to be friendly?

I'm in Riley's room now, aka perfection. Her room has so much color and love in it. All the crafty DIYs, all the items from Lily Pulitzer. The light blue walls, the bed spread, her very own desk, and of course the window. Of course I wasn't spared any of this good life.

"I really hope you are finally over your crush on Josh, even if he is really cool you can't just like him for his looks, right?" Riley says, I am about to open my mouth and say not really, Riles but of course she starts saying, " okay, so you gotta be warm, so take off your shirt and put this on," as she takes out the Panic! At The Disco winter pullover we got at their concert in October. Hesitant, I take off my shirt and hide my arms behind my back as she starts putting the pullover on my when all of the sudden...

"Ladies!... oh Maya," and I scream. Did Farkle see me half-naked? I grab Riley's blanket as quickly as possible. I walk towards Farkle and yell,

"GET OUT FARKLE WHAT THE HELL CAN'T YOU USE TO DOOR LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE DO??!?!?!?!?! GET OUT!" Riley takes Farkle by the arm and leads him to the living room and I put on the pullover as quickly as possible.

When Riley comes back, the venting begins, "Why did you invite him? He is an uncultured swine and an idiot for not using the regular door RILEY!!!"

"Relax, Maya," and Riley takes out her second pair of aqua BearPaws with ribbons on the back of them for me, "it was an honest mistake, it's not like Farkle is going to tell everyone, you just need to forgive and forget,"

"Then why don't you just marry Farkle?" and we both laugh uncontrollably. We both know that Farkle isn't capable of any true love. And I cross my heart when I say this.

Auggie, and Mr. and Mr. Matthews went to visit Mr. Matthew's dad, aka Josh's father, who somehow out of cheap dough sculpted a masterpiece. I sit next to Farkle, and look into Josh's eyes again. Farkle stands up, and stares at me, as I stare him back down with my death stare. He for some reason announces he's going to the bathroom.

Josh lived with his parents but he is crashing at the Matthews for senior year, but he was usually out with friends when Riley and I hung out this year. He visited so much he made so many friends here, almost as much as at his last school even if he didn't go to school with them until now.

"Maya, gorgeous, haven't seen you in a year, even more gorgeous year after year," and I giggle.

"Thanks, you're not so bad yourself," I compliment him back and wink, " How's your college life?"

"I decided that I'm going to NYU, and my bro, Cory, said I can crash here even longer until I can move into my dorm, since they are building the dorms and won't be ready for my whole first semester," and I light up. I will see him much more often now. Does this mean something? I have no words. Just the thoughts of love flowing through my head. Flowing, flowing, flowing.

"That's....amazing," and I'm truly blushing. He knows, but I know about what he thinks of me too.

"Has anything significant happened with you?" he asks.

My expression goes from an automatic happy to an automatic depression, " m-m-my g-g-gran-n-dma-a-a p-p-p-p-aas-sss-sed-d a-away a-a-a-a w-while a-g-g-g-g-go," I stuttered, with tears in my eyes.

"I'm, really really sorry Maya. I wish that didn't happen, wow. At least she is now in a good place," yeah but I was in a good place too before she left.

I use my sleeve to wipe away my tears and think of something happy, like Josh being in front of me, "it's fine, I'll be okay," as I stand up just as Riley motions us to the door.

Farkle runs towards our way from the bathroom, and goes in front of me, "Ladies first, Maya?" He's trying to cover up what happened a legit ten minutes ago, but I step through anyways, and Farkle slams the door in Josh's face. I stare down Farkle again with my deceiving eyes, "Sorry, ladies, honest mistake," yeah, honest mistake my ass, Farkle.

He reopens the door and Josh joins us. Josh joins me. I'd never think I would say or think like that. I stay a little behind and so does Josh. Farkle and Riley start blabbing about some dumb French assignment they have over break. Thank god I took Home Ec. instead of a boring language. Farkle looks back as Riley starts counting to 30 in French, but I look away. Don't care, Maya Penelope Hart is in love.