Chapter Four

Louis is up and in the shower at six am. Yeah it's not going to take him six hours to get ready for his date...or at least that's he hopes it won't take him that long.

He's rubbing shampoo in his hair when he realizes that he was thinking date. It's not a date it's just a lunch...thingy. Actually it could be a date because Harry never said what it was exactly. Louis finishes his shower and it's about 6:50 now. Being blind is going to extend times so almost an hour shower isn't bad for Louis at all; usually it's over an hour.

The boy moves his way to his dresser and feels around for the next thirty minutes for the clothes he wants. He needs to look good even though he won't see Harry will see him and that's important to him. He isn't sure where they are going but he can only hope it's not the stupid restaurant Harry took him to before.

Louis decides to wear his tightest pair of jeans and one of his favorite sweaters because it's not exactly warm out. He puts his clothes and sunglasses on and moves his way along the wall to the kitchen. He is starting to actually get his house so soon he'll, hopefully, walk though it without a problem.

The blind boy pours himself some cereal. He hums happily as he swings his legs and eats at his table thinking about what can happen today.

Harry could take him anywhere and it wouldn't matter to Louis, as long as it doesn't smell then Louis doesn't care. He would love it if Harry took him to a garden, full of flowers that Louis can sniff and name off by heart. Or a library where he can run his fingers along the spines and pages of the normal books that everyone reads, the smooth pages that slip through his finds are just amazing to him. He doesn't remember what words look like exactly and when he asks people say they are like shapes and well, he isn't good at remembering shapes so the subject usually changes.

That's why Louis doesn't have many friends. Not because he's blind but because he asks questions that make the other person uncomfortable because they don't know how to answer and that's how Louis discovered that he was a freak. A freak with no friends and a bad past experience.

Louis finishes his cereal and washes the bowl before putting it back in cupboard, two left from the sink. He has plastic bowls because glass breaks and if it breaks around him then he will most likely step on it and cut himself. He can't deal with that.

He presses the button on his phone.

"What is the time?"

"The time is 8:36 am." Jenny replies. Louis wishes she was real so he could actually talk to her but you don't always get what you want and Louis really wants his eyes back but that's not happening anytime soon, or in Louis' life.

He wonders if he will get his eyes whenever he dies.

He spends the rest of the morning sitting on his window seal with his legs pulled in and arms wrapped around then as he rests his chin on his knees and listening to the outside world. The cars honking, screeching, starting, squeaking, chugging, the people talking, laughing, yelling, fighting, singing, and if he listens closely he can hear the music playing from the building across the street. He only wishes he could see so that he can watch everything happen. Watch the joy or sadness on people's faces, the different colors and types of cars and maybe see his neighbor dancing to their music.

If only Louis didn't-

A knock on the door brings Louis out of his thoughts and he moves slowly to the door angry at himself that he was going to think about the indecent.

"Hello?" He asks when he opens the door, which he should really stop doing because murders.

"Whoa you look great Lou."