Chapter 5

Ava's P.O.V
I made it back to my room everyone else was sorting the house out for the feast and everyone will gather in the hall first and then go on to the feast.

I began to sing to try distract myself from what was going on downstairs.

" Merrily  we fall out of line, out of line I fall anywhere with you I'm by your side
standing in the rain humming melodies we not going anywhere until we freeze."

Singing my little heart out in my room, I love being alone where no one can find me its easier to stay out of everyone's way.

Facing the portrait of my mother, memorising her face whilst closing my eyes looking back on memories that I wish I could live in.

Childish laughter, distinct talking and the smell of  woodland air. My eyes opened slowly, feeling the freshly grown grass and vibrant coloured flowers on the open small meadow.The sun shone through the gaps of the leaves. Little Rays of light glistened off of the flowers.

"Mommy!"

Twisting on my heel to look a little girl in a summer dress making a daisy chain and shouting out for her mother.
A woman approached the child with a smile.

"What's up Ava darling?" Said her mother.

Mum? I thought.

I'd recognise her voice anywhere even if I didn't hear for years. Tears came but not one fell.

"I made you a daisy chain to wear" the little girl said.

"Aww honey it's beautiful." She said

I walked over to them both, looking at the young child which was me. I remember this very day playing around in the meadow and making daisy chains all day long also chasing bumble bees until I could catch one but I never did.
I tried touching the child's face but my hand was like dust and faded through the face of me. I walked over to my mother as she smiled at the chain I made her and she examined it as I sat beside her and she turned and looked straight at me her blue eyes looking straight at me as I turned round the little girl was off far in the meadow

"You've grown up to be a beautiful girl Ava even when I left you all those years ago." She said

I turned back to face her and she placed her hand on my cheek and she stared right at me. I couldn't say anything apart from look back at her.

"I will see you again, you'll find me when you feel ready." She said and placed a kiss on my head.

The memory began to fade into the darkness and i was back in my room staring at the portrait of my mother.
I sighed and got up and made my way down to the music room I felt like I had to sing to deal with whatever phase I'm going through if she was here, she'd know what to do.

My father came up stairs and I dressed in the rags I was given yesterday or the day before that.  He slightly knocked on the and walked in and he was dressed casually and looked like he had a clean shave.

"Your going to be cleaning on this floor downwards if you see the king you run because he'll be disgraced by your appearance and I can't wait to tell him what you think of him." He said and whisk fully walked out of the door.

Oh shit was all I thought well at least he'll know cause I hate keeping secrets from people plus lying to royalty is a crime. I made my way down the stairs and moved the tapestries and drapes and looked for any signs of life.

I started cleaning room by room changing the linen, vacuuming the bed, plumping the pillows, polishing down the furniture and cleaning the bathroom out and I coming towards my old room and I could smell him before I saw him and a female walked passed and tripped me up