Chapter One

Eugene

"Eomma! I'm home. Minah is here." I shouted as I walked through the door of my small house. Minah is my best friend, and has been for 3 years. I aim to continue our friendship for many more years to come.

"Hello Eugene, Minah." My mother greeted with a smile on her painted lips. Minah shyly returned the smile, as she hasn't fully warmed up to my strict mother. Although we've been friends for a while, Minah is scared she will say something wrong in front of her. "Eugene, I must talk to you about something important." My mother has the 'professional' persona. She's only a chef, but acts like an important business woman.

"Yes, Eomma?" I asked.

"I would prefer to talk about it alone." She slightly whispered. Her always being so secretive is one of the reasons why Minah feels uncomfortable around her. I can't blame her though; I feel uncomfortable around her, too, most of the time.

"We can do this later when Minah leaves. It's rude to leave the guest alone and talk in secret." I told her. She sighed and walked off to the kitchen to attend to the burning scent that started to fill the lounge. I nodded towards my bedroom, signaling for Minah to go there. I followed her and closed the door behind us. We placed our bags in the corner of my room and set up our homework at my desk.

"Ok, now I can talk freely without worrying that I'm going to say something wrong in front of your eomma." Minah giggled.

"I get that she's strict and scary, but that doesn't mean that you have to be put on mute whenever she's around." I chuckled.

"I know. I just prefer to give her the idea that I'm shy. She seems to trust quiet people more than the noisy ones." She smirked.

"You're so cheeky." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Eugenie! I will be making my way to the grocery store to collect more cake flour as I have run out and I burnt the cake I was working on for the wedding I am catering. I will be back in half an hour." My mother called out from outside my door. Before I could reply, I could already hear her footsteps proceed towards the door.

"Speaking of cheeky," Minah grinned. "How's Jimin?" Jimin has been my boyfriend for around 4 months. I've hid this from my mother, because I know that if she found out about him, she would surely beat me to the ground.

"Why do you feel the need to ask when you already know everything? You see us everyday."

"Just making conversation with my Eugenie." I squirmed as she poked me in random places.

"Stop! I'm ticklish!" I squealed. She did as I told and I let out a breath.

"What do you guys talk about when I'm not around?" She smirked.

"I don't know. Whatever topic makes it's way into our conversation, I guess." I shrugged, bringing a blue pen out of my pencil case and putting it to paper.

"You have such a boring relationship" Minah joked. "Have you kissed yet?" She continued to interrogate. I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks and redden them, causing a blush.

"No. Not yet." I shook my head in embarrassment.

"Why not?"

"Because I'm just not ready, Minah." I sighed.

"You're 18 and have never been kissed! We finish school in a few months. Don't you want that high school love experience?" Although I know that she's trying to encourage me to not be a loser, I'm still feeling pressured to do something that I don't want to do.

"Just because you and Yoongi make out majority of the day, doesn't make your high school love experience any better than mine. I love Jimin, and I know that he loves me too. He respects my decision, and has agreed to wait until I'm ready to be kissed." I explained.

"Has this got to do with your eomma?"

"No! I'm just waiting for the right person! I don't know if Jimin is the right person yet. People act like kissing is no big deal, but it is to me. Now please get off my case about it." I begged, glaring at her. As much as I love Minah, she gets on my nerves. She always has to dig deep and get as much information as she can.

"No need to be cold hearted. I was just curios... Can I see your notes from Health class?" I slid my notes over to her as I studied for our maths test on linear equations. Soon enough, my mother returned from the store with her cake flour, making a loud entrance. Minah and I finished our daily homework, so we made our way to the kitchen to watch eomma make the wedding cake. She decorated it with a great deal of care and precision. While she was doing so, I got dinner off the stove and served it to the three of us. We ate in silence as Minah was making it too awkward to speak.

After cleaning up after ourselves, there was a knock at the door. Minah already knew that it was her father, so she quickly gathered her things while I attended to the door. Minah and I shared our goodbye's and I closed the door.

"Eugene, we must talk now." My mother snapped her fingers and sat at the dining table.

"What is it, eomma?" I asked, fixing my hair.

"As you know, we have been struggling for money ever since your father passed away." She started. "But, I'm starting a new job at this elegant catering company that pays good money."

"Eomma! That's fantastic!" I had an urge to jump out of my seat and cheer, but I had to keep my composure in front of her.

"That's not all! With the money I will be earning, we will be able to afford a larger, more extravagant home, and we can sell this tiny thing that we live in." A large smirk started to appear on her red lips. "And we can, because I've already put in a request for a home loan. We are moving houses next week, so start packing! The house is beautiful! 3 large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a large kitchen for all my cooking. It even comes fully furnished so we don't have to bring all of our old and ruined furniture. I'll pick you up from school early tomorrow, and I'll show you the house."

"I can't believe it! I'm so excited!" I jumped out of my seat and danced around the dining room, not having a care towards my mothers emotions towards me right now. I started slowing down my body movement as I started to realize something. "Wait, does this mean that I have to change schools?" I bit down on my lip, nervous for the answer.

"No, Eugenie! This new house is closer to your school than this one." I sighed in relief. I can't wait to move. I can finally leave behind my bad memories from this house and go to a fresh start. Maybe moving houses will help me escape my comfort zone.

~~~

~~

~

A/N: hi you have fallen into the trap of a very happy gabi. (Wtf idk)

i just laughed so much at Krungy V's videos on youtube. I'm fucking dying.

It's currently 12:30am, my neighbors are drunk and partying (karaoke included), and i need a break from life.

what's your favorite song right now? I need to update my playlist with some new stuff.

love you aaaalllll

-Gabi xx