Chapter 12: Shadows

Demeter

Who took it?

You're going to die

What is wrong with people?

Escape! Escape now, while everyone is gone!

Die in the most horrible way possible...

Jump. Jump. You know you want to. Jump out to end it all

You're never getting out of here.

The voices have multiplied. I don't even know whose voice is whose! Ever since I lost the one thing that always kept my sanity at a safe level, the voices have multiplied and I was deemed "unstable for the time being."

My pink bear was given to me by one of my neighbor's son. Though he and I played and fought a lot, we sort of hated each other. Nevertheless, a gift from him was the nicest thing he ever did for me. I've treasured it ever since and the school let me bring and keep it here since it helps keep me calm.

Keep calm and stay sane.

I should make a shirt with that on.

BUT IT'S GONE NOW!!!

The one thing! Among all things that had to go missing, it had to be my precious bear! Why couldn't it be something else? Why couldn't it be any of the other things?!

At this point, with all these thoughts, plus the voices that are now sort of like an echo, echoing in my head, I can't help but cry. Then again, crying was what I did when I screamed.

When I screamed, Marga came rushing out of the bathroom. She hugged me and tried asking me what was wrong over my screaming. She knows about my bear and how important it is to me. So when I told her, she understood and looked for it.

She looked all over the room while she told me to calm down. I tried to calm down as she searched the room, but though I was no longer screaming, my nerves and heart didn't calm down. I was still on edge and I felt like I could die at any moment from my panicked-stricken heart.

Marga looked all over the room and couldn't find it anywhere. I was still in a panic state and she knew I wouldn't calm down completely until I get my bear back.

So she called Mrs. Daqil.

I was naturally called in for a session and to at least calm me down enough to not put me in a straight jacket. The thought of putting me in a straight jacket alarmed a big "HELL THE FUCK NO!" In my head and for once, it felt like the voices in my head and I finally agreed on something to an extent.

Because of all this, I wasn't allowed to attend classes and I have to stay in this stupid "special room" with padded walls. There's nothing special about this room at all. Just the fact that it's padded.

The isolation rooms are used for students who misbehave and hurt others, physical or otherwise. While the special rooms are just used for students that either snapped or aren't safe to be around but didn't hurt anyone yet.

"This sucks." I muttered to myself. "I'm so bored!"

Then why don't you hit your head on the wall?