Chapter 10: Tremor

Olivia

Did that just happen? Please someone tell me I'm just experiencing hallucinations after my side-effects. I know I'm not Demeter that hears voices on a regular basis, but just this once I'd like this to be an illusion.

No? This is reality?

I pinched myself since I didn't have anyone else to pinch, and what do you know, I'm still here.

There is only one thing to say at a time like this!

"Well fuck me." I muttered.

"There she is!" I turn around and see other staff members at the far end of the hallway.

"I didn't mean it literally!" I scream and began running because my life depended on it. I can't let them catch me. I can't.

I see more staff coming up front, intending to cut me off. I take a sharp turn to the left. All the while I'm running, I can feel my hair flying around me even though there was no wind. Now I know what Maryl was always talking about when she said running made her feel like a model, I would've felt the same if I wasn't running for my life!

I could only feel three things as I ran, my hair flying with the wind as I ran, the adrenaline going through my veins, and the need to escape.

I look back and see the staff are still following me. They must know this place more than I do, they patrol this damn place! If I'm going to escape, or at least hide, I need to hide in a place where they won't think I'll go.

The dorms are too far away, the clinic and cafeteria are too wide, and a janitor's closet is too obvious and cliché. BUT WHERE TO HIDE?!?! Wait, too obvious... That's it!

I take a sharp turn to the right, where the so-called "labs" are and enter the biology lab. The biology lab actually has a small crawlspace that none of the staff or teachers seem to know about. And because its so small, hardly anyone notices it. The people who I know that know about this crawlspace are Nhicola, Demeter, Marga and me.

The small crawlspace is enough for me to fit in and the hole is hidden behind a medium-sized supply cabinet. I lift the cabinet aside as to not to make any noise and quickly get in the small crawlspace and pull the cabinet back in its place.

I could hear the shouts of the staff as they yell out orders to spread out to look for me.

I'm already in the crawlspace by the time I hear the voices and footsteps of the staff. I hear them look under tables and open cabinets, even the cabinet that's covering my hiding spot.

As I adjust my position, I could feel the adrenaline going down but now I could feel my pounding heart and I have to cover my mouth with both hands to not let any sound, even my breathing out, for fear I'll get discovered. Then I could feel my hands start to shake on my mouth as the staff member that looked in the cabinet move to my right, looking at the other but larger cabinet.

But there's a gap there. A gap between the two cabinets. There just had to be a fucking gap.

I could see a part of the staff member, he was tall, he had black hair, and blue contacts. He actually looked sort of handsome, but I don't trust or ease into handsome guys like other girls do.

His eye moves towards my direction. And I felt my heart skip a beat.

He found me?

This time, I could feel my entire body shake with fear, and it takes a lot of my will to not let a squeal out. If I could exagerrate, I'd say my body was like an earthquake, it kept on shaking and shaking, and I was afraid, that I would not only get caught, but my body would break and crack just like the earth, after all the shaking and tremors it felt.

I kept my eyes on that staff member, and for a few seconds, he didn't move, but then he got up and I couldn't see him anymore, but I could hear him talk with the other staff member.

"Find anything?" The other staff member asked.

"No." Was all he replied with.

I expected to hear him say "but I found someone, she's in a crawlspace behind that cabinet! I saw her!" But he didn't say anything else. Then I hear footsteps getting softer and softer, until I couldn't hear anymore footsteps or anything else.

Just the pounding of my heart.

I waited for a while just in case one of them came back, but no one returned. I carefully pushed the cabinet a little, just enough for me to squeeze through out of. Once I was out, I pushed the cabinet back in its place as quietly as possible. I tiptoed my way to the door and peeked left and right. When I saw no one, I took a step outside, and looked to my right.

Then I felt something on my shoulder.

My heart that was calming down stopped its calming down and decided to start beating like bananas crazy. My nerves tensed I could feel myself hold in a breath.

I slowly turned around, scanning what was on my shoulder. It was a hand, and it belonged to a male. I follow the arm, and see the person owning the hand.

He's tall and his hair is as black as ink, with onyx-like eyes but then a thought came crashing into me like a train crash, moving at an uncontrollable speed and saved the effects and damages for last.

The train were my thoughts, all of them coming at me all at once.

Who is this guy!? Is he in league with the staff?! Is he supposed to be the Joker of this story?! Or Bane?! Or Two-faced?! I actually liked Bane more... Where did he come from?! Why didn't I feel him come up to me?! Is he supposed to be some sort of shadow sneaker?! Or is he the Batman of this story? Well, I'd have to hear his voice to approve of that...WHY IS HE STILL TOUCHING ME?!

And the effects are the worst. I don't know this guy. I can' tell whether a person's lying or not like Trixie, but my heart and mind decided to do a broken and completely out-of-sync dance and leave me with both organs racing and throbbing like mad.

I couldn't think straight, couldn't feel straight. Was I feeling numb?

All while this was happening to me, I could at least make out a worried look on the boy's face. Why he had such a worried look I probably didn't or did know. But like I said, my heart and mind decided to have the worst dance ever and the only thing I could make out at the moment, are the guy's somehow worried look and the lightheaded feeling in my head.

The world started to spin and go blurry. Mostly blurry.

"Hey are you-"

My eyes closed for some reason, and I couldn't hear him complete sentence.

A/N: Woooo~ Two cliffhangers in two chapters! I also had fun writing this. I can't wait to see the look of a certain friend of mine when that friend reads this. *evil laughter* And Bane has always been one of my favorite villains! Hope you liked it!~ :D