Chapter 8: Kevin

Trixie

"I'm telling you, those detectives were lying." I said again.

"I get it!" Nhicola said, exasperated. "Those detectives were lying to you about what Demeter said. I get it! You don't have to keep repeating yourself!"

Ugh. Here we go again. Though I don't say any curse words out loud, I think and say a lot of them in my head. But I do make certain considerations and exceptions when people act like a bunch of shitty assholes and fucking retards. But there are times when I just want to yell in Nhicola's face and say what a noisy bitch she is. I'm hoping I'll be able to do that one day. But for now, I'll just settle with a subtle, normal and logical answer.

"And you don't have yell!" I yelled back.

"Well, who's yelling now?"

Nhicola's my first friend ever since I came to this place. During our first year together, we were always together, almost always partners and BFFs. We didn't fight as much back then, but we still fought. Then we met Demeter, Maryl and Olivia. Demeter's the peace maker; she somehow always finds a way to break up our petty fights. Maryl helped us strengthen our friendships and Olivia made things a lot less boring. I guess I owe all of them. I don't think I would've survived this fake school if it wasn't for them. But back on to the topic.

"Look, let's just stop fighting for awhile, alright?" Nhicola raised her hands in surrender. "Demeter is attending her sessions now so she can't stop us."

Yes! I win!~

"And I also have something to tell you. It's about something I saw and figured out." She's serious. And she actually figured something out. Knowing Nhicola, she's more of the memory type, not the logic type.

"Okay." I said. "Though I'm surprised you actually figured something out." I also smiled and sort of chuckled in my head.

"I'm gonna ignore that and get straight to the point."

She told me about the "thing" she saw and her conversation with Demeter about how the concrete block didn't crush Adie's head. She described everything with detail-something expected with someone who has photographic memory. She ended it with the hunch that what she saw could still be on the roof and maybe even some more clues.

"I guess it would make sense that he dropped the block from the roof. I mean, everyone heard it. But its been two weeks since that. The police must've already searched the roof if they actually have someone's that smart enough to figure that out." I snickered as the thought of the two detectives I spoke to earlier snooping around the school playing Sherlock.

"Still though." She had a look of disdain and uneasiness. "I can't help the feeling that... There's something up there, and it needs to be found." She looked out the window with the enforced railings with a look of longing.

Oh no. I know where this is going. "Nhicola..?" I made it sound like a question than a statement. "Please don't say what I think you're going to say."

Sadly, when she looked back at me, her face clearly had no lying attributes and she's serious. And knowing her, her next set of sentences were clear and obvious as well.

"Please Trixie!" She begged like a puppy. "I promise, it will be quick!" Although she didn't get down on her knees, she had those begging puppy eyes. They weren't cute puppy dog eyes, but still puppy dog eyes. "I promise I'll be really quick!" She wined again, grabbing my wrists and shaking them a little.

I don't really want to go, yet I know she won't stop until I say yes. "But I thought we agreed to stay out of the deaths, so we could stay alive!" I shot back.