Chapter 51: A present & a surprise..

"Angeles! Look at the state of you! I hope this happened after you had your school photo taken!".

My Mum had to hose me down in the back garden. She wasn't pleased at all.

"Mum, I'm sorry. It wasn't my fault, some other kids started the food fight an-".

"And what? You decided to join in?". 

She gave me the sharpest look while she tried to pull out some pork from out of my hair..

"I'm sorry. My individual school photo went great. The food fight happened after so it was just our class photo where everyone was covered in food for".

I could hear laughter coming from the conservatory, Mum and I turned around to see my Dad and German stood behind us.

"Harry! What's so funny!?".

"Ah dear, German was just telling me about the fo-".

I started to wave my hands about behind my mother's back. I was trying to tell my Dad not to mention the food fight. I think he got the message..

"Well, spit it out Harry! What is it?".

"Nothing dear, German just told me a very funny joke. That's all".

She nodded....there was silence for a while..

"Angelica, let's leave these two young people alone. Come on, we can start the dinner".

My Dad quickly ushered my Mum back in to the house. He turned around to face me, he gave me a little wink.  I responded with a smile.

My relationship with my Dad has become a lot better recently. We're more close, we can have a laugh with each-other and there's less arguments. I love my Dad.

I snapped back in to reality and saw that German had a box in his hands. It looked like a shoe box.

"German, what's with the box?".

"Ah, this box?" he said as he pointed to it.

"Yes, that box..".

"Well, it's a present for you Angie".

"Ah a box, that's just I what I wanted".

He began to laugh.

"Noooo, look inside the box".

He gave me a little smile and I opened up the box and saw a pair of shoes.

"Aw German! All I can ask is why?".

"What? I wanted to treat my girlfriend. You deserve a treat".

My boyfriend is the sweetest person!

"How did you know these were my favourite shoes?".

"I had a little help from Tash and Rina. Tash told me you love converse and Rina told me what your favourite colour is. I thought  the ones you've been wearing are old and worn out. So I wanted to treat you to a new pair. Do you like them?".

"Yes! I love them German! Their beautiful! Thank you!".

"No need to thank me, a kiss from you is all I need as a thanks" he winked.

I put the box on the table and I stepped closer and closer towards him. Our noses were so close.. we were so close.

Until...

"Well! what do we have here" came a voice. A voice that sounded familiar.

I knew exactly who it was..but still, I turned around and that's when I saw her. Standing there. Bold as brass.

Maria.